Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilcountry_34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
    which sentences are which type of fallacie
    I am trying to figure out which of this sentences of which types of fallacies. Any help would be nice..

1.You're going out with Carron? Well, she's a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I'd be careful if I were you.

2.About an already-attractive home interior: “I don't know why we started this home renovation if we're only doing two of the rooms. Either way, it won't look right unless we redo the entire house.”

3.Stomachache or not, how could you not eat your dinner after I spent all that time making it!

4.I don't care if she is the top psychiatrist in the state! Her theory on sibling rivalry is extreme. How can we believe anything she says if she subscribes to theories of that nature?

5.My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl we just met, Tracy, is from the same sorority, so I don't trust her.

6.From one mom to another: “I can't believe Shelia lets her kids watch that garbage! I always knew she wasn't very strict. Now our kids will be over there watching that junk, too!”

7.From a conspiracy theorist: “Come on, everyone knows that the government has lied to us in the past. This case isn't any different.”

8.It's disgraceful that a member of the Elks Lodge would go out to fast food restaurants every night. The Elks believe in family values, including home-cooked meals.

9.Sure, I've heard that it's better to not eat cheeseburgers every day, but it's extra protein and protein is good for you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 05:53 AM
    It would be better for you on this site if you would provide the answers to what you think the fallacies are. Then, you will get help and discussion as to why and how your answers may be correct or incorrect. We can't answer your homework questions here. But, we can help you to discover the correct answers.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2007, 07:55 AM
    This sounds like a rerun from another post. We are not here to do your homework. But can lead you to find your own answers.

Fallacies
    Writing Tip #23: Types of Fallacies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Use Fallacys in the right sentences [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a hard time putting these sentences with the right fallacy I think I got most of them right, really could use some help thanks Fallacy Type Fallacy Statement Ad hominem/genetic 9. My friend, who goes to college in another state, said girls from that sorority are mean. That girl...

Topic Sentences [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write an lesson on writing a topic sentence on tip for job hunting in today's market and then write 4 supporting sentence. I have been out of school for 14 yrs and don't have a clue what to do. Can someone help me? Teresa

Sentences [ 6 Answers ]

Use also in a sentence

I need 2 sentences [ 1 Answers ]

I need 2 sentences for the word quote

View more questions Search