Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auctionwoes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2005, 11:57 AM
    Ebay trouble
    Im having a prob on eBay. I bought an item from some scum bag in Canada, I paid for it. Well, the payment went to his ex-girlfriend because of an error he made, she declined to accept it.

The seller then tells me that I have to re-send the money to him, of course this is a big sum of money, and the funds posted to my credit card account, it took a week to get them back, so I also didn't have the money. The seller asked what I wanted to do, he said he would give a 2nd chance offer to the other bidder. I told him fine, do that I am not interested.

So, he comes back saying that the other bidder didn't want it, and I have to pay for it. He offered to waive shipping, I thanked him and told him in not interested any more. He is distorting information.

He says he is going to report it to eBay as un-paid, although I have reciepts from eBay, paypal, and e-mail that I sent money, it even shows the item no and description using the e-mail he provided.

Now he is saying that he is going to hand it over to a collection agency, and blah blah. He is in Canada, can he do that? He even said this in an e-mail: "You did make an immediate attempt to make payment and your end of obligations to this auction have been fulfilled thus far."

What to do? I even lost almost $4.00 because the currency exchange changed when the money was returned.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Oct 1, 2005, 02:21 PM
    Cover you're a..
    This is not legal advise; however, if you cover you're a.. Completely... wait and call him wolf... sometimes, people get besides themselves... speaking with a sense of authority and they have not a leg to stand on... keep every email, receipt, any correspondence, especially any illustrating his desire to sell to another buyer... You do not have the item... therefore, you can change your mind... the only legal actions he can take towards you, if the agreement pending penalized you for changing your mind... most transactions give 10 days for approval of satisfaction; know assurdely that according to the terms of contractual agreement, you have not breached the contract. Let him cry wolf... he can not do anything especially if you can prove that you do not have the item...
    auctionwoes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2005, 12:40 PM
    I reported the auction as illegal, and eBay removed it. Got a wonderful email telling me the auction was null and void, I forwarded it and some other lovely comments to the seller. Thanks anyway.
    Jackiealice23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Ive had really bad trouble with Ebay this is what happened

In Nov 2009 I purchased one set of cross stitch threads from Ebay, these never arrived, I had a letter from the customs to say I needed to go and see them. These threads turned out to be counterfeit and this is a very brief description of what happened to me. Oh yes and for the record I contacted Ebay for help but they didn't want to know.
    I was interrogated by the customs (they did not provide an interpreter and my French is very limited)
    Next morning the police arrived with a search warrant (we were still in bed) (again no interpreter) and they kept demanding the threads, these threads I had never seen as the customs kept them.
    Thinking it was all over started to get on with my life again only to have another policeman at the house this time I had to go to the police station for questioning. (I was allowed an interpreter this time) they dropped the case.
    Then I had a letter saying the company who make the original threads DMC was suing me for loss of business, (apparently I am responsible for the closure of 2 of their shops. How can an IT lecturer who ordered one set of threads for their own personal use close two of their shops?)
    I then had a letter saying I needed to get an Avocat for my defence this I did paid him 1795€, he made up a file put it in his drawers and did nothing. The case went before the court twice, no one informed me, the first I knew about this I had a letter from the courts bailiffs saying I had to pay about 15,000€.
    I had to get another Avocat go to appeal which has just finished and I have still been fined so far with all the fines and costs this has cost me almost 12,500€. I am not young I am 59 and didn't need this stress and injustice. Anyone who wants to know more about this then contact me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ebay [ 5 Answers ]

I buy a lot of little things I find on Ebay and it got me wondering. Don't these sellers have to pay taxes on these sales? While I buy just a few items, I noticed that at times they are from the same seller, and they have hundreds of item listed. Thank you.

Ebay / IRS [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if Ebay reports sales records to the IRS?

EBay [ 10 Answers ]

Let's say I just won my first bid on eBay. What is proper etiquette, normally? Should I pay immediately, or should I wait a few days until I get the product and then pay?

Ebay... Definition. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need a clear, simple, generic definition of Ebay in a paragraph or so.. thanks. [email protected] THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help I can't find one anywhere... undefinedundefinedundefined

View more questions Search