Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aregood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Header for a sliding door
    I have 2 side by side windows with a combined total of 92" r/o, above each one is a double
    2 x 10 header and i want to replace them with custom a sliding door, would opening up the headers and bolting a piece of 1/2" plate steel across them suffice of will I have to replace everything?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 22, 2007, 05:45 PM
    that would proably work but if it were me id take it all out and build a 2x10 header with osb inside of it to span the distance, then have a jake stud or too on both sides

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reversing Sliding Door [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping to reverse/switch the glass panels of my glass sliding door to have the left side slide and the right stay fixed? Any tips?

Sliding glass door [ 2 Answers ]

My sliding glass door to the patio, after your lock it and check it, moves a little bit to the left. It is still locked, but it moves. Is this normal and safe?

Sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I need basic instructions for installing a sliding glass door. Irene

Sliding Glass Door is leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sliding glass door that leaks when it rains heavily. Our house is 18 years old and the door leads out to a wooden deck. The deck is about one inch below the door frame. It is a good quality wooden door manufactured by Peachtree. This has caused some damage to our hardwood flooring near...

Sliding glass door problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a laminate floor in a kitchen on top of an inch and one half sub floor. The bottom of our Andersen vinyl clad sliding glass door barely clears the floor and this without any threshold. The door wheels are set at their highest position and the top of the door rubs against...

View more questions Search