Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
    Refrigerator freezing things but set low as it can go
    Recently obtained a used refrigerator and I had to take the doors off to fit it through the house door. Putting them back on there's still a gap in the refrigerator door that on my own has been hard to fix.
    Meanwhile even set as low as it can go, things still keep freezing. I'm not sure if it's because of the gap or if the temperature control or something is shot and hate wasting anymore time trying to align the door to fix it if it's more a matter of something else.
    Can anybody give me some quick direction other than I know I have to align the door better regardless
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:14 AM
    If the refrigerator doesn't shut off, it's going to freeze. If the door is partially open (gap), the fridge may not shut off. Also make sure that any exterior coils or sometimes bottom coils are free of dirt. Dirt will mess up efficiency and it will try to run longer. Make sure it is at the warmest setting and that it will shut off. If it never shuts off, it may be a defective thermostat.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Until the door is shutting and sealing properly it will never cool properly. Align the door and then if not cooling properly, post back for further help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag side-by-side refrigerator low cabin cold upper cabin warm [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator. I noticed that in the refrigerator section the low part ( where there is an air duct opening to the freezer). However, the upper part is warm. I have tried changing the temperature control it doesn't seem to be helping. Apparently the freezer is...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

Shoot-set and Quick-set Combo [ 2 Answers ]

I have not seen this yet, but I haven't seen everything... lol I was thinking that these two misdirection sets could be used in a single play because the quick-set causes the opponent to position, dig-in, and focus on the quick-set hitter, but the ball could be shoot-set along the net for anyone...

Buying a car on low income with low responsibility [ 0 Answers ]

I am a student. The car that my parents bought for me doesn't run anymore. I want to buy a new car. My parents have bad credit. My grandparents pay for my schooling, but they will not buy me a car. I only make $5000 to $7500 a year. I have no real financial responsibilities. All of my income is...

View more questions Search