Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky_Ducky Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
    17 no period?
    Hi I hardly ever get my period Im 17 and I go months without having one and some times it's a tiny bit like hardly anything? I tried to talk to my mom but she doesn't care is it REALLY bad not to have one for that long?? Is there anyway I can make it regular or at least make it come? Thanks!
    Dakkota55 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 09:43 PM
    No it comes when it comes... are u under a lot of stress... with family or school??
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Sep 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
    You can go on the pill that calculates when you will get your period around the same time every month and also acts as a contreseption.
    Hope I helped
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 04:56 AM
    It's never good to go more than a few months without a period.

Are you sexually active? If so, you should be getting yearly paps and could address the issue with your doctor.

I am 25 and have NEVER had regular periods... ESPECIALLY in high school. My doctor said it was because I was so active in sports and had such low body fat it was messing my cycle up. I could even somewhat "control" them :) If I started spotting, I could go out for a run and workout and that would make my period stop and I would skip it. My senior year in high school my doctor put me on birth control pills to regulate my periods.

Still to this day, I don't have regular periods. My doctor has checked my hormones and such, and everything seems to be fine. If I go more than a few months without one she just prescribes me a medication (Prometrium) that I take for 10 days to make me have a period.

So usually it's nothing to worry about :)
    Lucky_Ducky Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Thanks for all your answers I'm not sexually active. Im not under a lot of stress but as long as I shouldn't be worried I won't. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Period cramps without period. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm trying to get pregnant!! My expected period is on sat I've had some cramping like I would right before my period . Am I able to have that without getting my period... I'm starting to doubt I'm pregnant

Worried about getting my period at school(not first period)! [ 15 Answers ]

I'm a 13 years,7 months old girl and have got my first period 2 months ago... first time was day 12 in month and lasted 9 days ,second time day 19 the month after (a week late) and lasted 4 days.then stopped a day then came and ended in 7 days ( with a about 3 days in mid no bleeding)... im...

No period for months now period stopped [ 7 Answers ]

I haven't had a regular period since April and now its July. My last regular period was in the end of April of this yr. then in may there was nothing. No discharge of any kind no nothing last month; in June in the 20's all I had was a brown discharge and some streaks of blood towards the end. Now...

View more questions Search