Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:11 PM
    My mother and anorexia.
    When my mom was younger she had an eating disorder and she always kind of bragged about it. Not the eating disorder but how much she weighed, she was 86lbs in grade 9. when I was in grade 7 1 was 125-128lbs I felt kind of fat but didn't think much of it, now that I'm in grde 8(my first year of highschool)i feel EXTREAMLY FATTTTTT!! So iv'e been trying to lose weight and I'm now approximatly 109-111lbs and my mom is saying I'm losing too much weight. Now I'm confused, she still brags and she bugs me about my weight yet she also says things like "hey your not going anorexic on me are you?" and "never be anorexic". Ugghhhhh I have have no idea about what to do, well I kind of do 'cause I know I need to talk to someone but the thing is I have absoloutly NOBODY to talk to. Really, no aunts,no uncles, no friends, no parents, no cousins, nobody. Also I really dislike counseling, I really don't know what to do anymore.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
    If you feel that your mother is influencing you in a negative way (WHICH THIS IS), you need to tell her emphatically NO! You are being psychologically abused by your mother-this is typical of anorexic/bulimic behaviour.

You need her to STOP immediately! You are not fat. DID you do as I asked in your last post?? What is your BMI?

Then tell me. Then you can talk to me as much as you like. But I need to know what your body mass index really is before I can identify just where you are at.

But first tell your mother she is CAUSING you to feel that you need to lose weight and therefore are becoming anorexic.every time she say these things-it adds just a little more to your conscience. A school counsellor is a good first step. You say you don't like counselling-this is your other part of your brain (the eating disorder telling you this-it is crap) you need to talk to someone-anyone.

Regards,

Sep 19, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    if you feel that your mother is influencing you in a negative way (WHICH THIS IS), you need to tell her emphatically NO!! you are being psychologically abused by your mother-this is typical of anorexic/bulimic behaviour.

You need her to STOP immediately! You are not fat. DID you do as i asked in your last post??? what is your BMI?

then tell me. Then you can talk to me as much as you like. But I need to know what your body mass index really is before I can identify just where you are at.

But first tell your mother she is CAUSING you to feel that you need to lose weight and therefore are becoming anorexic.every time she say these things-it adds just a little more to your conscience. A school counsellor is a good first step. you say you don't like counselling-this is your other part of your brain (the eating disorder telling you this-it is crap) you need to talk to someone-anyone.

regards,

Ok according to www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi my bmi is somewhere between 18.7 and 19.2
    So I'm in normal weight range also take into consideration that I am 13 so it might be a little higher than that or something. Also I don't think I really have an eating disorder, but I really don't know. Please help I don't know what to do anymore.

Sep 19, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Also according to this other site to actually be underweight for my age and height id have to be 90lbs or less.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Okay thank you for checking on that, Now I can advise you further.

Point 1. The BMI shows you are within the healthy weight range-good stick to that.

Point 2. if you continuously feel that you are fat or "voices" or self talk inside your head is teling you that you are fat, ugly, need to starve, are a "pig" or any other hateful and negative statements like that-you have an eating disorder. If your mother says ANYTHING like the same words-she will drive you to have an eating disorder. Our mothers are the #1 person who influences our life and our minds-ANYTHING that is negative (said by your mother) has a deep and hurtful and damaging effect.

Point 3. Whenevr your mother or anyone else for that matter says anything negative, I want you to say "NO" that is negative-don't mention anything about my appearance again! Then YOU have to say to yourself at least 5 positive messages-like I AM a BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY WOMAN! (and believe it!). This is a form of therapy that is called positive self-talk and also called an Affirmation.

Point 4. write to me on this forum ASAP about how things go for you.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Define Anorexia [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an overweight person myself but I'm struggled with eating disorders all my life. I have been anorexic. But since I'm overwt, and starving myself constantly, and starting to lose wt, am I considered anorexic or is there a name for this?

Can't get over anorexia? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, 4 years ago I became anorexic, its hard to even remember why it happened, I just know every time I weighed myself or looked in the mirror I was fat! I was only 16 and didn't think any thing of not eating for a week and then only eating 500 kcals on some days.I didn't think it would harm my...

Some questions about anorexia. [ 5 Answers ]

What are some ways that you know you have anorexia? How exactally would you be anorexic? How do you act? What do you do?:confused:

Anorexia [ 3 Answers ]

I like a girl A lot but she thinks she is fat. She doesn't has no fat on her. She has that like tiny bit of what I would call skin around her belt line in stomach. But she does not have a belly. She has already been put in a hospital for not eating. And talks about passing out like its nothing. She...

View more questions Search