Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickia2fly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Piercing eyebrow
    Did the eye brow piercing hurt as much as I think it would?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Mine didn't hurt me one bit, but everyone's tolerance for pain is different. Keep in mind that whether the piercing itself hurts or not, it will be a little tender for a week or two. :)
    Rickia2fly Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Oh OK, I really hae no problems with needles or pain, so I guess it won't hurt for me, hopefully :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Well good luck :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Mine didnt hurt me one bit, but everyone's tolerance for pain is different. Keep in mind that whether the piercing itself hurts or not, it will be a little tender for a week or two. :)
    nauticalstar420 is a boon to this site because she is very knowledgeable in this subject!
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    nauticalstar420 is a boon to this site because she is very knowledgeable in this subject!!
    Thank you so much! :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 10:34 PM
    I got mine pierced when I was 17 and my husband got his pierced 3 times :)

There was no pain for us... it was very quick and healed very well :)

But a word of advice... if you get queasy at the site of needles... close your eyes and don't open them until the piercer is totally done... otherwise you will open to see a 5 inch needle sticking through your skin! Just wait until the ring or barbell is in, and the piercing is over with before you look :)
    graphicartist05 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Well let me see, I had my eyebrow peirced a year ago, it hurt for about the time it took to pierce it, depending on where you go will tell how long it takes to heal. If you have an experienced piercer it won't swell hardly at all... well unless you pick your nose or butt and touch it... or sleep on it and it gets hung on your pillow case... or a knit sweater gets hung on it when you take it off... the list goes on. I didn't ever have one problem with mine and had little to no swelling on mine but I rinsed it with sea salt water and antibacterial handsoap (unscented) scented burns... bad. Keep it clean and wash it every time you touch it with your hands for first 6 weeks... if you don't you will look like someone hit you in the eye with a hammer. Make sure the piercer does it deep enough or scar tissue will push it out the surface and not too deep or you can hit sinus nerve and have a runny nose and eyes till it heals (if you are lucky) or could damage for the rest of your life... did I mention non stop migrain headaches to the piont of suicidal thoughts. So word of thumb,Don't DO IT YOURSELF!! Get a professional and you will forget you even have it in after it heals... good luck, don't chicken out. NEVER USE ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENTS ON A PIERCING... it will clog it and make it worse and promotes scar tissue
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicartist05
    Well let me see, i had my eyebrow peirced a year ago, it hurt for about the time it took to pierce it, depending on where you go will tell how long it takes to heal. if you have an experienced piercer it wont swell hardly at all.......well unless you pick your nose or butt and touch it.......or sleep on it and it gets hung on your pillow case......or a knit sweater gets hung on it when you take it off......the list goes on. I didnt ever have one problem with mine and had little to no swelling on mine but i rinsed it with sea salt water and antibacterial handsoap (unscented) scented burns.....bad. keep it clean and wash it every time you touch it with your hands for first 6 weeks.....if you dont you will look like someone hit you in the eye with a hammer. make sure the piercer does it deep enough or scar tissue will push it out the surface and not too deep or you can hit sinus nerve and have a runny nose and eyes till it heals (if you are lucky) or could dammage for the rest of your life....did i mention non stop migrain headaches to the piont of suicidal thoughts. So word of thumb,DONT DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!! get a professional and you will forget you even have it in after it heals.......good luck, dont chicken out. NEVER USE ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENTS ON A PIERCING....it will clog it and make it worse and promotes scar tissue
    There are other things that can cause swelling besides picking your nose and then touching the piercing (which I don't know why anyone in their right mind would do that anyways). Touching it alone can cause swelling. Besides, swelling is normal, it's a wound to your body. I have also never heard of an eyebrow piercing causing a runny nose, that's news to me. You can get headaches, yes, but not to the point of suicidal thoughts. And if you get one, take an ibuprofen, not only will it take away the headache, it will help relieve the pain from the piercing too.

You are right about not using antibiotic ointments on piercings, that is a very big no no.

And after all that scary stuff you just told the OP, I wouldn't blame him for chickening out. I hope the OP realizes that everyone is different, and everyone reacts to piercings differently.
    graphicartist05 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    There are other things that can cause swelling besides picking your nose and then touching the piercing (which I dont know why anyone in their right mind would do that anyways). Touching it alone can cause swelling. Besides, swelling is normal, its a wound to your body. I have also never heard of an eyebrow piercing causing a runny nose, thats news to me. You can get headaches, yes, but not to the point of suicidal thoughts. And if you get one, take an ibuprofen, not only will it take away the headache, it will help relieve the pain from the piercing too.

You are right about not using antibiotic ointments on piercings, that is a very big no no.

And after all that scary stuff you just told the OP, I wouldnt blame him for chickening out. I hope the OP realizes that everyone is different, and everyone reacts to piercings differently.
    About the runny nose and eyes is if the piercer goes too deep and hits the sinus nerve that runs along side the skull near the eyebrow and continues into the nasel cavity , that's where the problem is... as for the migrains, that has to do with the same nerve stem ,that in turn in wose case scenarios can cause ocular migrains they make an icecream headache (or brain freeze) look like a walk in the park. All true but if the piercer know what he's doing then no problem... wink wink, thanks for the comeback:)
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicartist05
    About the runny nose and eyes is if the piercer goes too deep and hits the sinus nerve that runs along side the skull near the eyebrow and continues into the nasel cavity , thats where the problem is.....as for the migrains, that has to do with the same nerve stem ,that in turn in wose case senarios can cause ocular migrains they make an icecream headache (or brain freeze) look like a walk in the park. All true but if the piercer know what hes doing then no problem....wink wink, thanks for the comeback:)
    Well thanks for the explanation, I can honestly say I have never heard of that before. :)

I can understand about the migraines though, any piercing you get on your face or ears can cause migraines, trust me, I've had them. My industrial gave the worst one :p
    bekhaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Im a 14 year old girl, and I got mine done today:), it didn't hurt too much, people told me the clap was the worst bit but that didn't hurt me to be honest, the worst bit for me was after the needle went through the first bit of skin it was when it came out the other side. The bar being put in is uncomfortable but nor painful, I now hae a bruise on my eyebrow, but lots of people get that an I have a bit oh a headache, but I'm sure that will go away soon enough, the sweling is pretty bad:/ but I hopeing it goes down fast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Tongue piercing [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I'm going to get my tongue pierced in about a month... does it hurt as bad as an Industrial piercing... What are some things that you had the biggest problem with. What will help deal with the pain..

Self piercing taps [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in purchasing a self piercing saddle valve for use for water coolers or ice makers. I do not like the metallic one and want one that is similar to the one made by opella inc. I fell out with this company and am keen to find out what other compnies makes a simialr valve. Can any...

View more questions Search