Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Sep 18, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Not remembering user/login ID in Internet Explorer 7
    I'm using XP SP2 and had a slow download problem and called my ISP tech support. They had me delete ALL browsing history, and make a few other config changes to I.E.7. Didn't solve the problem (was a bad router), but created a new one.

Slowly I've been rebuilding my user/login ID's in cookies, but there is one site that just won't remember my login ID. It did in the past, before the tech support "help".

I've called them back several times, and we've tried all sorts of things (mostly in internet options), but this one site I use every day, just won't remember.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
    You can try Tools, Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete Settings, and make sure Usernames and Passwords, and Prompt to save passwords are checked. That would be the first step... I'm not sure exactly where it stores information about each individual site.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Does the site offer "forgot password" functionality?
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I would actually not recommend Windows Internet Explorer 7, but Mozilla Firefox. It is generally a safer Web browser, due to add ins, constant updates, and not running Direct X directly (Many hackers use it).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use Group Policy to block user internet downloading? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a computer for my kid, the OS is XP professional, I create only one administrator account for him(for my personal reason, I want my kid use administrator account only, not limited account, not other accounts). I allow my kid to access internet, but I don't want my kid downloading any...

Internet User Stats: Browser, Display, etc. [ 2 Answers ]

1. I've generally relied on w3schools.com for display and browser stastics. I see a bunch of others mentioned here. Have any of you heard good reason to believe any one or two stand out as the best? 2. I'd really like to see some statistics on monitor resolution that break out the "over...

MS Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

After installing Firebird I lost use of Internet Explorer. It tries to open a site only to return the page with the message "Cannot find server - the page cannot be displayed. There are some web sites requiring IE, how do I reset the program. I tried downloading from MS but they said I have a newer...

View more questions Search