Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kydd211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Is this insurance fraud?
    A friend of mine cashed a check from his insurance company that was supposed to be used to pay the anesthesiology bill for surgery. The check was made out to him and him alone. His disability insurance was running out and he needed to pay his bills. He called up the anesthesiology people to make payment arrangements and they sent him to a bill collector. The bill collector contacted him and told him that he committed insurance fraud and that if he doesn't pay the whole bill in one month he is going to jail. Are they just trying to scare him or is that the truth?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I wouldn't call it insurance fraud. The cheque was made out to him and he would have had to put it in his account anyway to pay the med. Bill. If he is not past due on paying the med bill then the collection agency should not even be in the picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

What is considered Helath Insurance Fraud? [ 5 Answers ]

My family looking into purchasing Helath Insurance for a family member; When she went in to a check-up, the doctor found something odd, and said it might be cancer. They performed a screening, and it came back inconclusive. No one she went to locally knows what it is, and she was told she...

Is what I did some kind of insurance fraud ? [ 1 Answers ]

I reieved the check from Atena to pay for the services and put it into my account as they instructed me to be I didn't know at the time that I had a negative balance in that account. But since I did put it in my account that means the check was cashed and I didn't not send the collections agency...

View more questions Search