Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GreenGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
    My almost 4 year old eats A LOT!
    He is almost 4 and in the 75th percentile for height and 90-something for weight. He is a pretty big (height and weight) for his age. He seems to be gaining a bit of weight, but he eats as much as I do. He is constantly saying he is hungry. He eats and eats and eats. I guess I am just curious if this is OK. I feed him very healthy foods, so I am not concerned about what he is eating doing him bad. I just wonder if he is "comfort eating". I have a very high metabolism and am pretty skinny. Could this be the case for him? Thanks!
    Woah Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Well if he is eating healthy food and he is active I would not worry about it. My son is three and eats all the time as well. If his doctor is not worried I would not be either. As far as comfort eating... I do not think a child that young understand what that means, there fore he eats when he is hungry. Hey after all they are growing boys!
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 6, 2007, 11:47 AM
    I would have to agree with Lori, my son who is now 8 can and always has eaten a lot and can sometimes eat more then me!! But he is healthy and just has a big appetite, my other son though is completely different, he is very particular and doesn't eat a lot and when he does it takes him ages. He is also one of the smallest in his class, but I don't worry about either of them... they are all different in terms of how much they consume. And when they go through growth spurts they all eat far more than usual anyway, and if your child is bigger than most other children their own age (as is my son) well they need to fuel their growing more... hope this makes sense.

Kiki

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy only eats out of my hand [ 1 Answers ]

We have two 10 week old puppies. One eats like a little piggy and the other only eats out of our hands. How do we break that habit and get her to eat on her own? We separate them when they eat, but she still won't eat on her own. :eek:

My dog is too thin and eats very little [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I have 4 dogs, 2 of which are Jindo's brother & sister(15 months old). Lucy got off her leash last Monday and by the grace of god found her way back home 2 days later, which I think explains the 5 lbs drop in her weight to 30 lbs. The problem is, at her original weight of 35lbs she was too...

Puppy eats everything on trips outside [ 6 Answers ]

My 8 week old puppy eats everything of interest when she's outside on a leash. I mean everything. Leaves, grass, weeds, mulch, stones from the driveway, etc. What to do? She's in a harness and about the only way to prevent her from eating all this stuff is to hold the leash tightly so she can't put...

My 9year old daughter hardly eats. [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you for the advice. I have spoke to my daughter about not eating and the inportance of eating, she just said if I don't stop talking about it will make her stop eating altogether. I have consulted my health visitor who recommended vitamins which she has started taking. She is not...

Help! My Puppy Eats Her Own Teeth [ 3 Answers ]

My smooth fox terrier mix is eating her teeth!! Help help help :eek: She just started teething about almost a month ago now... And I asked my friends for help and they said it "could" be a good thing.. Because teeth is a bone bone has calcium and so on... But I'm getting really worried.. ...

View more questions Search