Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RYANC22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Matching ceiling texture
    Hi. I had to cut out a portion of my ceiling due to water damage and I am now trying to match the texture. I know it is kind of hard to figure out without a picture, but here is a description: It definitely looks to have been done by hand with drywall compound and without paint. It has a rough appearance with small ridges with some areas that have small points (or drip-like) appearance. Any ideas to try would be appreciated. Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
    I suggest you not try and match as you will always see a line where you repaired the ceiling. Professionals know how to do this properly. Maybe you should have the entire ceiling redone.
    RYANC22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 07:47 AM
    That is an option I have thought about, but I wanted to try and match it first. The room is really large and it would not be fun job to scrape the entire ceiling. I am going to scrape the edges so I can tape it. The joint compound is pretty thick so tape lines shouldn't be a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color and texture of ejaculation [ 3 Answers ]

When my husband ejaculates his seaman has changed to a brown color and it is kind of lumpy? What's up with this?

How to Spray Knock Down Texture. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an air compressor and a hopper gun. I have been success only sometimes getting the right consistency. The last time I used the spray gun, I think the mixture was too thin because when I went to lightly smooth down the spray, I kind of even a lot of it out and I didn't get the thicker blobs...

Califonia knowkdown texture [ 2 Answers ]

How do you do acalifornia knowkdown on an interior wall

How to achieve chunky hair texture [ 2 Answers ]

When asking for 'texturizing' at the salon, I usually end up with something that is too 'softly' textured. I know there are different types of texturizing shears. How do I get a stylist to make the texture 'chunky'? I am usually never satisfied with the texture. Is this something I could do at...

Matching A/C units [ 7 Answers ]

Do I have to match the outside unite with the inside unite? I have a Rudd sys. Right now the heat pump outside is gone out. Do I have to replace with the same brand or can I go with an other brand? I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx. Do I need to go back with Heat pump or can I just go back with a a/c...

View more questions Search