Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Deer nutrition
    What are favorite foods for deer in nature and what might attract deer to graze on our propertyÉ
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Apples...
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Deer eat just about every kind of plant that they can digest, anything with tender leaves. Most native deer don't eat grass because they can't digest grass (They aren't ruminants like cows.) But they will eat everything from clover and rose bushes to poison oak. Sometimes they'll avoid certain things that are toxic or have a strong flavor, like rosemary or boxwood. But if they are hungry enough, they'll get less fussy and start eating things they don't normall eat... I live in California and they eat virtually everything I've planted outside my house (except for rosemary and boxwood!). I also spent two years studying what deer eat for a lab at UC Berkeley. I found almost 200 different species of plants in their scat... so take my word for it!
    ~Asking
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
    I think oats and corn are one of the cheapest things you can buy in bulk to attract deer. Mind you if the deer come to your yard they may eat your garden, leaves of low bushes and trees, and other foliage, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutrition [ 4 Answers ]

Calculate the actual number of Kcal provided if diet consists of: 55% CHO, 15% protein, 30%fat and the total Kcal is 2200.

Lacking enough nutrition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a discoloration around my mouth and eyes from not taking in enough nutrition. Will that go away if I start eating right? And if so, how long will it take?

Nutrition [ 4 Answers ]

What level of calories would you recommend for a guy in his mid-forties, minimally active, who must lose weight ?

Nutrition [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My question goes thus ,is vulture a saprophyte and why .please be elaborate. Thanks in advance.

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

View more questions Search