Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angela7271 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Breaking a lease contract
    I have a contract of one year it will finish in August, I already have one year with my actual landlord, I always paid on time but we are buying a new home and I want to break the contract, the contract said that I have 60 days. Do I have to paid all the lease until August or I just loose my deposit.
    glnutrition Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Talk to your landlord about it ahead of time, don't keep it a secret. I broke a couple lease agreements and never paid any kind of fees/penalties because I told the LL about it in plenty of time and he was cool with it... but if your LL isn't happy with it and there is still a current lease then you are most likely responsible for it, up to 3 months.

If there is no current lease than 30 days notice should be fine...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Stipulations in a lease vs. Law when breaking a lease [ 8 Answers ]

I'm breaking a lease with my landlord 6 months in (I'm moving out of the country). I've found someone to take over the lease immediately upon my departure. I informed my landlord 5 weeks prior to the point where I'd be breaking the lease. The landlord has (three weeks later) informed me that they...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Breaking Contract [ 2 Answers ]

I have a real problem here.:( We put a downpayment on a home and all the paper work is done except the final closing. Now the problem is... we currently live in Florida and my husband is a disabled vet 100% and in the state of Florida he is not required to pay property taxes except the...

Breaking a Contract [ 3 Answers ]

We put our home on sell back in August of last year. A man was interested in buying it and by the 20th of Jan. we were told he was buying it and everything was done. When I say 'everything was done'... a contract was done stating we needed to move out by the 1st of Febraury 2007. So we got into an...

View more questions Search