Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 16, 2007, 05:40 AM
    What is God ?
    Is God Human ? Soul ? Or just a certain power that can create everything ?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Pmh,
    From the three options you mentioned I would pick the last one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Don't know, he has not told us, we know he created everything ( but that is what he did, not who he is) We know he is all powerful, not just a power, but again that is what power he has.

Since he gave man a soul and man was made in God's image I would believe our soul is more like God, but most likely not in our ability to understand.

I believe we have no clue as to the full extent of who God is, and don't need to know, since we know all that we have to from what we have been told thought he scripture.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Sep 18, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388

Who is the source of all consciousness? Who is the source of life?

Kabbalists say that G-d (HaShem) is the Ultimate Reality and the Endless One (Ein Sof) and I agree. We can't stuff something as vast and abstract as that into any rigid concept or image. Even the tetragrammaton is best only a hint, because the One (HaShem) to whom it refers is beyond names and concepts. The Hebrew letters yud, hey, vav, hey is written out in English as "Y/H/V/H." In other words, "was/is/and/will be." Albert Einstein, who is generally recognized as the greatest scientist who ever lived wrote: "Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe. A spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we, with all our modest powers, must feel humble."

Bobby
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Sep 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
    To me God is the author and the finisher of my faith:)
    gabycf_10 Posts: 3, Reputation: -2

Sep 30, 2007, 05:08 PM
    God? Who knows? No one. I prefer to believe that it is a supreme force, just energy, pure love. But perhaps that answer isn't so good for you. Do you want to know WHO is god? Well, first stop calling him with that name, because thousands of people use it, but none know your answer.
    You have to found that answer by yourself, you have to found your own version of your personal "god". You need to found you own "religion" than one than makes you become the best, the best of yourself. Don't let the world tell you what to believe, believe what you think that's true, because, as I told you, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S REALLY TRUE, so I think you'd prefer to believe in your own thoughts, not someone else's.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I can't lie at you, your question, simply doesn't have an answer.
    loverb23 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    God give us these minds are he has also given us the freedom to believe in his word or not to believe. The choice is yours.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabycf_10
    WHO is god? well, first stop calling him with that name, because thousands of people use it, but none know your answer.
    You have to found that answer by yourself, you have to found your own version of your personal "god".

I didn't see that mentioned in the post. Just curious what name was the poster (pmh383388) using?

Bobby
    AquaLiz Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
    See I'm inclined to believe that 'God' is whoever you want God to be. God is not one particular person or soul. God is different for everybody depending on religious beliefs. I guess in my opinion, the general explanation of God is simply the belief that there is a higher power at work in the universe, it's up to each individual to form their own beliefs about what it is.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Oct 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...od-131067.html

Try this link for other posts on this topic as well.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
    The Almighty, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator, my Father, my Provider, my Defender, my Strength, my Hope, my Shield...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
    God is energy + Love + an infinite amount of things beyond our comprehension

God - The Sum Total of Universal Energy

God Is Love

What does it mean that God is infinite?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 07:02 AM
    pmh383388,

Not sure how this might be taken but I want to be honest about what I believe. I'm not into telling people what they want to hear. If someone asks me a question, I tell them what I believe. What they do with the information is up to them.

I believe we create our own reality albeit unconsciously, we are the creators, we are our own God. All we need to do is take responsibility for our own lives and cultivate positive thinking in order to get what we want and not what we don't want.. . So God is real, God is energy, and it comes from the power of our mind.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:39 PM
    bushg,

Thank you. I've been checking Neale Donald Walsh out on the net and I think I like what he says. I might just check out those books. Thanks again.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Nov 7, 2007, 08:28 AM
    The Bible says God revealed Himself by the names He chose to give to His people about His character. For example, Jehovah Jireh, the LORD Provides. Check our this link for more info. The Names of God

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About God [ 9 Answers ]

Can a person find or lose God? And how?

God! [ 51 Answers ]

What does God look like? HANK :)

Is God Just One ? [ 42 Answers ]

In Christisn, as God; In Islam, as Allah; In Hindus, as Krisna... Why are there so many Gods ?

No god, and who is god [ 93 Answers ]

If there is no god why is it, and if there is a god who is he?

Where did God come from? [ 20 Answers ]

We are all Christians and attend church regularly. After service one Sunday my 8 yo comes to me and asks this question. Daddy, if God created the heavens and the earth, and all living creatures, etc. then who created God? If he had a Mommy and Daddy, where did they come from? I laughed......

View more questions Search