Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HonestHank Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Keys locked
    Somehow, I accidentally locked the top row of keys "symbols and numbers" on my PC keyboard. How do I unlock them?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Your "NUM LOCK" light is on. Press "NUM LOCK".
    HonestHank Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestHank
    Somehow, I accidentally locked the top row of keys "symbols and numbers" on my PC keyboard. How do I unlock them?
    :o The answer to my problem was very simple. I turned off my PC, unplugged the keyboard, plugged it back in, and turned the PC back on. The problem is fixed! :cool:
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 17, 2007, 02:54 PM
    For future reference: Were all the letters capitalized, too? (I don't know if you were on a different computer when you typed that.) If so, you may have inadvertently turned on StickyKeys (I believe you do it by pressing shift 5 times in a row). To turn it off, just hold shift and type a letter or symbol, and it should turn off. It should also show a little icon by the clock when it's on, kind of like four buttons, one big one on top, three smalls ones underneath.
    MyChemicalToothpaste Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
    You have to go to Control Pad, happened to me once :DD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All keys on keyboard are locked [ 8 Answers ]

All the keys on the keyboard are locked. I have a feeling that I may have held a key down too long while thinking/typing. How can I fix this?

Fn Keys [ 4 Answers ]

I need help! Keys on my keyboard are not working e.g. k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... How can I fix this?

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

View more questions Search