Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleyConcerned Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 10:49 PM
    Constint Symptoms.Can't hand it anymore.
    So I am a 19 year old girl. Currently working full time, and will be starting school back up in the spring semester.

I have been a healthy happy kid for most of my life. Except for the seizures I had when I was about 5 till 10. I just grew out of them, and I took Tegertol medicine for them for 5 years.

Ever since the end of my junior year of high school, I started to experience these weird "attacks." I would get very dizzy, light headed, short of breath, hyperventalating, my heart would pound either really fast, or really hard. I would get warm, and everything seemed to be distant or I felt like I couldn't function.

I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Anxiety Attacks/ Panic Attacks. I wasn't put on medication, because I didn't want to be, and my doctor didn' want to have to. I practiced calming myself down, and I got them from time to time through out the end of my senior year, going into my first year in college. But for a while after the first semester of college, they seemed to be okay, I didn't get them that often.

However, with in the last about 5 months I want to say. I have been having these really bad symptoms, and I have been to the emergency room twice, and I just don't feel right. The doctor doesn't really know what's wrong but she says she thinks it could just be this anxiety. I literally get this when I am perfectly fine and there is nothing stressful going on.

I know this isn't anxiety, I know there are hypocondrics out there, that look for a reason to be sick, and that's not me at all! I want to live my life every day to the fullest, and be back out doing the things my friends do having a good time and being happy.

BUT LATLEY...

I have been SOOOO FATIGUED. My body (back, neck, shoulders) are so stiff and sore. I have felt so weak in the last 2 months. It seems to be that I get really weak before I eat, and after I eat I feel paralyzed, I feel like my legs and arms are lead. I always seem to be tired. I can't walk up the stairs without my heart pounding so hard it feels like its pounding out of my chest.

I was sick in January and April with the flu and strep. And again this last week with a sinis infection and strep. I took a moxicillian for a week. It kind of went away. And now my throat hurts really bad again, and I still have some signs of the sinus infection.

Can you please help me out here? I'm so scared an confused about what's going on.
    annetteamr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 03:47 PM
    I had similar symptoms about 12 years ago. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It is a connective tissue disorder that causes flu like symptoms, pain all over especially stiffness in the neck arms, legs.
    In addition I had a traumatic event happen when I was 12 and then when I was about 28. Trauma stays in the body, at a cellular level. It will come out some how. Fibromyalgia is associated and can come on after trauma as well as panic attacks. Do not be afriad of medication. It saved my life. There are great options for anxiety and the pain you describe. It can be temporary as well since you seem to have a strong awareness and have already learned to work with calming yourself. Being aware and working with triggers that bring these things on for you can allow you to eventually not use medication or use very little. Don't let any of this go, your are so young and if you work with this now you will have a positive outcome.
    AshleyConcerned Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Thank you so much annetteamr. That's really weird how I finally got a response back to my answers with the diagnose of what my doctor is finally actually starting to think it is. I went to the doctor three days ago, and told her that I am not getting any better. I wanted her to figure it out. She did a Lymes Disease test on me, which I have not gotten back yet. But then she mentioned this Fibromyalgia. I had never heard of it before but it feels a lot of like what my symptoms are. She said she thinks on top of this that she thinks I have anxiety with it too. We have no idea what my anxiety is triggered from, since I have gotten it at the most random times, when I'm not even stressed out, or that I know of. She suggested on putting me on some low dose Anti-depressents. However I am one of those people that likes to take the least amount of medicine that I need to, and I had a friend that had to go on that medicine and it gave her all kinds of problems. What medication had you been prescribed to help? If you could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you for your words of encouragement, it helps to make me push to know that this will get better. I am usually a happy go lucky person that wants to be out and doing things, and this has really brought me down.

Thank you much!:)
    zarri Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Hey there, how you doing. Anxiety and anxiety disorders are something I have come to know really well, if you know what I mean. I could tell you stories on top of stories of things I have done, or not done because of them. I too seemed to get them for no reason at all, with no real stress. I know this is going to sound like a Plug, but mabey it is something you should check out. I have got this program and I haven't even finished it, and I am realizing things I never thought were wrong, and feeling SOO much better and secure with myself. Chances are, most people with this disorder are extremely sensitive people, extremely caring people and best of all some of the most amazing people on the face of this earth. The problem is, we don't see it that way, we see ourselves as different, and even if we don't notice we are doing it, that is just loads of stress on us, constantly having to live up to something or being afread of when the next panic attack is going to hit. I mean our minds can be RACING with so much, and has been for so long that we don't even think anything of it anymore. I hear you, they are not fun, but there is a way out there, and even if you decide not to look into this program, feel free to message me if any questions, I would love to try and answer them for you. One thing that I have to ask, is if you smoke, and if so, how much you smoke a day. Im not a “truth” spaz, I smoke a pack a day, and I know that I need to quite because it is a stimulant. Same with Caffine, how much of that do you drink? I find that I drank almost a 24 pack of Mountain Dew a day. The problem with these stimulants are, after we get used to them, we don't feel like jumping off the walls anymore, we don't feel hyper, we find a way to fall asleep at night and it just becomes part of our daily routine. But it still effects us, even if we don't notice it anymore, instead of our bodies jumping around all crazy like, our minds do it instead. I could probably go on and on about this, and I know you had a particular question, so I will cut to the end. You need to know that because you have this problem (its not a condition or disorder because EVERYONE gets anxious from time to time, we just release it at odd times) you are an amazing, caring person, that probably anyone out there with half a brain would want to get to know. So hold your chin up, mabey look into the program, if not, that's your call. Its called The Midwest Center for Attacking Anxiety. If you ever want to just talk about it, and not feel alone, just know there are more people out there that are dealing with this, feel free to message me, I would love to hear from you. Take care and I hope that this long answer helped you in some way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taken in hand [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone here know what a "taken in hand" relationship with your spouse is? Do you know if it works? I've heard some things, but I would like to talk to someone in one. Isn't a certain amount of a husband being dominating normal in any relationship? What's normal now days? Is the man...

Numbness in hand [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's wrists hurt, almost like a soreness. Her doctor had told her that it is to do with the tendons and she needs to see a physical therapist. I tend to think she should go see an orthopedic doctor. Anyway, her one hand goes numb anytime she hits a certain spot in her wrist. It doesn't happen...

Need a hand [ 3 Answers ]

I’m 53 years old, educated so long ago that it’s un-important now… Had a realistic dream some three years ago started writing it down and haven’t stopped since. Three books (Intercepted Thoughts #1, Disputed Territory.. Earth #2, Earth Dispatch One #3) one short story “A Hastening of Maturity” and...

Cash on hand [ 1 Answers ]

What is the formula to tell how much cash is on had?

Air handler horizontal left hand or right hand? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in a horizontal left hand or horizontal right hand application as far as an air handler? Also, which end would be the return and/or supply? The "a" coil is at one end and the blower motor is at the other end. Thanks

View more questions Search