Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    not_guilty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Did I commit theft?
    I walk into a store wit a buddy. We noice a lady who keeps looking at us and I tell him look undercover is looking at us because were black... he starts laughing and says lets give them something to watch.. He starts picking out clothes and puts it in his plastic bag which he placed on the floor. I thought he was jokin wit her and was going to pay for it so I found a yellow shirt he was looking for and he told me to place it next to his other stuff. AS we looked for more stuff he finally tells me to grab the bag and go outside wit it.. I tell him hell no and to get his stuff out my bag becasuse I had my shoes in their.We argue for a bit then he takes the bag and goes outside wit it. When we get outside he calls me a chiken and start laughing. AS I was walking towards my car my buddy notices the security lady and drops the bag and runs. I see them coming but decide not to run because I felt I did nothing wrong. My buddy gets away and after some time in the office a cop comes in and they decide to charge me wit theft under 5000... it clearly states in the report the judge had that my buddy walked out the store wit the items.. why am I getting charged. I am much more quick then my buddy I knew I should have ran. Wat should I do in this scenario. And don't say tell on my buddy
    hammieslove Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 07:20 PM
    I think you should tell on your buddy because if he's that kind of person then you should,nt want him as your buddy. I think you did the right thing by not walking out of the store with the bag. If you don't want to tell on ytour buddy then you don't have to use his name and try to explain things calmly and truthfully. If you see your"BUDDY" again try to ignore him for a little and see what he does. Also ask him why. Technically you did,nt commit crime but you were with someone who did so you are equally guilty.

If you don't get help for your buddy or find out why he did what he did then letting him become a thief. Once a thief always a thief. HELP HIM not beome a wanted man when he's older.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Of course I am sure you gave them the name and address of your friend,

But yes, you also stole, you took an item, and placed it in a bag and was part of the theft. In the US, in some states, merely placing it in the bag and heading for the door ( you don't even have to go outside) is all it takes is theft, in some states just placing it in the bag would get your theft.

But you and your partner both did it, so you both can be convicted, if he will come in and tell the truth about it, it may get you off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to commit suicide sometimes [ 4 Answers ]

My life was so messed up. I came from a broken family. My mom work as an entertainer in Japan.She had an American fiancée and left after she got pregnant. She doesn't know how to work here that's why she sell all her inverstment to continue my 1 year in high school and for us to survive. After...

Can't commit until I know for sure - [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone Just after a bit of advice as I know there isn't an answer :-( As with a lot of posts it is concerning a first love. I went out with her for 4 years and had a great time - Uni came and we ended up splitting up as many people do at this stage - a sad part of my life but I would...

Getting my boyfriend to commit [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months now. I love him very much, but the thing is that he has cheated on all his ex girlfriends but says he has not cheated on me problem is that I don't know if he is telling the truth. As he has lied to me before. Also he goes on to mxit and picks up...

Entering auto wit inten to commit theft [ 3 Answers ]

I have to go to court for entering auto with intent to commit theft which is a felony this will be my 1st and also obstruction of an officer (running) and I would like to know if anyone would know if probation will be a possibality (I know no one knows for sure) Im in Georgia

How to commit an insane relative against their will [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's sister who is about 52 needs to be committed--at least for observation. She has attempted suicide twice, has gone off her meds, is about to be evicted and she will join the people roaming the street with a shopping cart if something isn't done. She lives in Texas. How can her sisters...

View more questions Search