Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Babsue Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Craftsman Riding Mower
    I have a Craftsman Riding Mower that the transmission stops working when I sit on the seat. It will move when I am not sitting on the seat; but the minute I sit down, it stops moving. Help!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Where or how are you when it is pulling?

Sep 14, 2007, 08:18 PM
    It pulls when I am walking beside it in gear. Sometimes I have to push it to even make it start pulling. This is per my husband. When I sit on the seat, it stops pulling. Thanks for trying to help us.
    craftsmanouch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Craftsman Riding lawnmower... mower quit moving but blade can still be engaged... its not the main belt... it is not an automatic. I can start it and run the mower but it won't engage the transmission. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is and how to go about fixing it? Thanks in advance
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Babsue
    It pulls when I am walking beside it in gear. Sometimes I have to push it to even make it start pulling. This is per my husband. When I sit on the seat, it stops pulling. Thanks for trying to help us.
    Your belt may be stretched, you may have an idler pulley not engaging all the way to tighten the belt.
    Have you heard any sounds?

Sep 15, 2007, 03:43 PM
    My husbanc has not heard any sounds but we did get the diagram you recommended from dixiessales and we want to thank you for sending us to that site. He thinks you are correct in what the problem might be and is going to check that out. Thanks for all the time you took for us. Have a good day.
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 04:44 PM
    o.k. I know that oem belts are usually more expensive. But purchasing the oem belt first and fixing the problem, is always less expensive than purchasing an aftermarket belt, then the aftermarket belt not working, THEN having to purchase the oem belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding mower [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman Riding Mower With A 15.5 Hp Briggs And Stratton And I Was Cutting The Lawn And It Was Running Great. It Started Acting Up... running Rough, So I Shut It Off And Checked All The Fluids And The Were Fine. I Replaced The Plug And There Was Still No Change. When The Air...

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower [ 2 Answers ]

My brother gave me his old lawn mower, and whenever I ask him a question about it, his response is "Figure it out Blondie". Im not a dumb blonde and Ive figured out most of the controls, excep two. One is a screw knob on the left hand side of the sterring wheel, and the other is a long metal stick...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman Riding Mower [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman 11 Hp Riding Lawn Mower That Won't Even Crank.I Have A Good Battery Clean Posts,power To The Starter But When I Push Clutch In To Crank,nothing Happens.what Am I Doing Wrong?

New Craftsman Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a new Craftsman 26HP, 54" cut, riding mower. One of the front wheels does not point straight ahead, it is pointing inward. When we called the help desk, we were told it was engineered this way so that the mower would make tighter turns. Is this true? (The steering wheel is...

View more questions Search