Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CalebsMum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Am I Still Pregnant?
    Recently we discovered I was pregnant. We found out prior to my period being due, and it was confirmed by a blood test.
    On the day my period was due, my BBT dropped a little bit and has continued to do so since then. 5 days now. I have also had some spotting and light bleeding, nothing like my normal period.
    I am waiting a couple more days for my levels to come in to see if I am still pregnant.

What I would like to know is this: Is it possible to have a low BBT and still be pregnant, and is this spotting/bleeding OK?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Wow that's a tough one, and I would like to know the outcome.

My husband and I do it all too... ovulation kits, BBT, the works. From what I understand, you BBT rises because when your egg is released, along with it is released progesterone which is a heat-emitting hormone thus making your temp rise. Your temp will stay elevated 13-15 days post ovulation, at which time if the egg is not fertilized or there is a miscarriage the temp drops. If your BBT remains high up to day 18 you are almost certainly pregnant, and your temp will remain high for the next 9 months because progesterone is released throughout the pregnancy.

What day are you on? If you are around day 18 you could take a HPT, if that comes up positive it would answer your question.

I hope it all works out!
    CalebsMum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Hi,

I am now 19DPO. We received a + HPT at 10 DPO and every day since then until I stopped doing them at 16 DPO. I had a + blood test at 13 DPO.
    My temperatures were WAY above my coverline until 14 DPO when they dipped. They have continued to dip a little each day. Yesterday was my first temp BELOW my coverline and today my temp was EXACTLY the same as yesterday.
    I know I was/am pregnant, but I don't know if this is early pregnancy bleeding or a miscarriage.
    I am wondering if it is possible to have low/below coverline BBT's while bleeding and then they go back up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Do you wonder if you are pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

For those of you who wonder if you are pregnant, here are a few signs and symptoms as well as other possible causes for their occurrence TIME OF OCCURRENCE (GESTATIONAL AGE) SIGN OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES Presumptive Signs (you may be...

Why does it say I am pregnant, but they say no? [ 1 Answers ]

I have no symptoms of being pregnant other than the fact that I had a very very light period this month. I took a pregnancy test this morning just to make sure that I wasn't pregnant and it was positive. I went to the doctor and they did a urine test and it was negative so they did blood work and...

Am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband had sex on Friday he pulled out but then we still had sex again. I have been having egg white discharge for a day or two so I did some research on Sat to find out I was ovulating. Since he pulled out is there a chance I could have still gotten pregnant?

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant? I just got done ovulating on Sunday. Last night me and my husband was having sex and afterwards I started to cramp. Is this a sign that I could be pregnant? Help please... Also I am going in for my pap on Thursday would the doctor be able to tell by looking at my cervix if I am...

View more questions Search