Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Out There Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Bottom line is miss lovely is the one who will make the choice.
    Miss lovely you seem like you like this guy bottom line, no one is going to change your mind.
    So if you like him just try first by getting a little closer to him (not like making out and all).
    Meet his family, have him meet your family even if it is with other people too so its not akward.
    If he declines either one then you should just give it up.
    The most important people in your life should always be family.

Did this guy ever actually ask you out on a date or are you just liking him..
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 08:37 AM
    We really like each other and we figured this out last night(not sex)

Sep 15, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Why? Is there something you are ashamed of? If you are keeping this relationship a secret from your family, doesn't that tell you something? Sure screams out to me.

Sorry, but a 28 year old having a relationship with a 17 yr old DOES have a few screws that need tightening. Too bad you don't recognize it.

I do not tell my family anything about my love life it is none of their business

Sep 15, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    OK, this is what you came to us for in this thread.
    Then we asked you if he was chasing you, you said You were chasing him.
    Throughout this you insisted that you wanted a Man and not a Boy..
    We told you of the possible consequences and asked if your parents were aware..
    You don't want your family to know your intentions, but you are certain that if you get hurt by anyone, they will beat the crap out of whomever..

Now.. you want FUN, someone to talk with, go places with...
    you did not state what kind of FUN.. and fun to a grown man includes SEX, like it or not.. that's just FACT.
    you did not state what you wanted to 'converse' about.. school?, economics, history, art, etc.
    you did not state what places you wanted to go to with him.. where do you want to go that you cannot go by yourself or with friends?..

I think you have a canvas in front of you and don't know with which color you want to paint with. We all have to start with an idea, and I think yours' is a fantasy that will only lead you on a very dangerous journey.

You are looking for something, but, in my opinion.. you are looking in the wrong place.

Boys are not the only ones with one-track minds.

Maybe if I had friends that weren't druggies I would hang out with them but nooo
    And I stopped taling to all of them because I did not want to go down that road
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Dear, sorry that there are nothing but 'druggies' around.

Try spending your free time somewhere nicer. Wonder off to a nice park or mall, meet new people somehow. You are not tied to your neighborhood or public school all day, so do a little searching.

Join a class or activity after school and get your parents to take you. Tell your parents you need something more to keep you busy and happy.

Good luck.

Sep 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
    My male friend keeps me busy and happy:]
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    my male friend keeps me busy and and happy:]
    It sounds to me as if you no longer have to do any chasing. Just be fair to him and don't let him jeapordize himself or you legally. Make darned sure that you do only what you want to do and do not bough down to pressure from anyone.

Be happy.

Sep 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Thank you I will make sure I do what I want to and I'm not going to do anything that would put him in a perdiciment because I care for him
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Does this guy know you are a minor?

Sep 15, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50
    Does this guy know you are a minor?
    Yes he does and he doesn't care.
    AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER!
    If your going to keep giving me negative feedback I would love for you to stop
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
    yes he does and he doesn't care.
    AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER!
    if your going to keep giving me negitive feedback i would love for you to stop
    So we are back to a 28 yr old man taking up with a minor. Sorry but age is not just a number when we are dealing with an adult and a minor. The both of you can keep telling each other that as much as you want to try and convince yourselves. But its not going to change the realities.

And no we will not stop. Even if your situation is as you state it. Even if your relationship bucks the odds and is successful, it represents the exception. The vast majority of the time an adult taking up with a minor is about exploitation. And I, for one, am not going to let someone paint a rosy pictire of it that may lead to some kid being exploited.

Sep 15, 2007, 04:53 PM
    It is not like we are going to have sex I'm smarter than that
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    If you're 17, don't date anyone older that 19 TOPS. I'm 28 and even the thought of dating someone your age freaks me out. My brother is 27 and he would never date someone under age 21, let alone someone in High School.

Try and look at it this way. If YOU see guys your age as immature... why doesn't this 28 year old see people your age as immature? If you think 17 yr olds are immature now, how do you think you'll feel when YOU'RE 28?
    Believe me when I say, if a 28 yr old man is showing interest in someone your age, HE'S immature.
    Truth time; bottom line: 99.999% of these guys want sex. It's a reality, she is flatted and it feeds her ego that someone his age is interested. The result can only be disastrous for her.
    cerulean Posts: 110, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
    well i'm 17 and i was wondering what should my age cut off limit be
    Read this article.. its hilarious but true :D

Man, 37, marries 69-year-old woman

An older woman with a younger man is more honest, but you know, it's a lot creepier when men don't date their own age, its not like his age group is "old" they are still very young, and there are plenty around. They also look very young, not old, at his age.
    cerulean Posts: 110, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Truth time; bottom line: 99.999% of these guys want sex. It's a reality, .
    You know, I wish I could hotly deny that, and believe there are some men left that only want platonic friendship, but I have to agree with you. Every male "friend" I have wants to have sex.

Its very depressing. I mean, there isn't a man out there that doesn't have designs on a woman.. its almost safe to say "all men" because it just seems like all men, we can't meet all the men in the world, but we know for sure they don't want to be our friend to play scrabble or knit sweaters with us. Unless the woman is so unattractive that he just can't go for it, he will go for it, which is no compliment at all. MANY Men will F anything if given half a chance and have no respect for the fact that a female is a minor. That's tells you their character and what kind of person they are, and is enough to get away from them.

Most girls will go for the "older guy" because they think he is different and exciting and not realizing he's really a pedophile.

Sep 15, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Truth time; bottom line: 99.999% of these guys want sex. It's a reality, she is flatted and it feeds her ego that someone his age is interested. The end result can only be disastrous for her.
    :mad:

Ummm are you in his mind?
    Do you know that he only wants sex?
    NO I THINK NOT

And about me being flatter yes I am but my ego has nothing to do with the way I feel about this man

Sep 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Wow you people are amazing
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Ask yourself; why do you think there is this law concerning minors in the first place?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
    wow you people are amazing
    Again I think what you are missing is that all of us responding to you here are older then you, have more life experience then you do and have seen things like this played out before with steady results.

You can believe whatever you would like to believe. No one is saying that are of the things we are saying are directly applicable to this 28 year old man. We are however saying that there is a high chance that if he reciprocates your feelings it will be to take advantage of you in some fashion.

Ultimately you will make up your own mind which is fine no one can force you to do something one way or another (besides your family since you are still a minor). But it would be irresponsible of all of us on here to not provide you with some advice from what WE have seen in our lives.

Maybe you both will have a lovely platonic friendship that will never blossom into romance or maybe it will as you get older. Maybe we are all wrong. But maybe just maybe we all know what we are talking about just a little, itsy bit.

Sep 15, 2007, 05:37 PM
    I am free to date him
    We just cannot have SEX
    And quite frankly i have no intentions to until i'm legal i do not want to get him in trouble
    Do you think i am unaware of the lawws?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search