Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kluttermyworld Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Mortgage Paid Off, but.
    I have paid off my mortgage but I'm not sure what paperwork I should have in my possession. Does anyone know what I should have and where or how I can get it? I also had a co-signer on the loan who has since passed away, but fortunately I have a signed quitclaim from that person. I don't know if that would come into play here. Rita
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Your mortgage lender is supposed to send you the original Note marked "Paid". They should also send you the Satisfaction of Mortgage after it has been recorded in your county clerk or county register's office.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Congrats on paying off our mortgage! One thing to remember - if your mortgage lender has been paying either your real estate taxes or your home owner's insurance out of an escrow, they won't be doing that any more and so you are now going to have to pay these bills directly. You should receive a final accounting of your escrow balance activity from your lender so you can be sure what they have already paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really paid ? [ 7 Answers ]

:mad: Please help me. I win the $10,000,000 from freelotor.com. How to get the prize form myanmar. I have no master card or visa card. If frelotor is really paid ** DON'T POST PERSONAL INFORMATION **

Mortgage Interest paid to bank in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Canadian citizen and now work in the U.S. under a TN Visa I bought a house just across the border in Canada. The mortgage is with a bank in Canada, and they do not issue a Form 1098. Can I deduct the mortgage interest and property taxes on my U.S. tax return? If, so, what documentation...

PAID for training? [ 2 Answers ]

I was offered a job with a company that requires me to be gone for 7 days of training out of town RT 330miles in 2 separate weeks 5 days home 2 days home , They told me that they will put me up in a motel- I never asked will they pay me, give me mileage- it will cost me at least $100 for gas, and...

Getting paid! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I have a simple question. I had to go to court (long story) and won about $3000 but that was a few years ago. Of course I have not seen any of it... what can I do? I don't know how to go about garnishing wages, and have since moved to a new state... any thought?

Paid here, not living here... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my inquiry is the following. I arrived to the US under a H1B visa in March 05, and worked here (paid by a US company in an US account) the whole year. In a couple of weeks I will be coming back to Europe (indefinitely), but for at least a year the US company will keep paying my salary in my...

View more questions Search