Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevsgrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2005, 08:02 AM
    Confused, don't know what to do
    I Have been in a bad situation for almost a year. A year in November. I started a new job last July, and had become personally close with a co-worker who is now my supervisor from my switching departments. We became physical with each other. We have a very good "relationship". When we are together in work and outside of work we talk and go do things more than we are physical. We have only been "all the way" Maybe 20 times, 25 times in almost a year. It has come to the point where I would love to have more from this man, and he would want more from me if only he weren't married. I know it's a horrible thing. We talk everyday, see each other everyday. I know it is not just because we are physical is why he is seeing him. I KNOW it. I don't know what to do. I leave my man to go see him, mostly because he is just so much more affectionate and caring than my own boyfriend, and that is what I am seeking, and he is giving it to me. I don't want to end it, he doesn't want to. But I am tearing myself apart inside.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2005, 11:58 AM
    It's called an affair.

I think you may need some help here from a Therapist - because you committed TWO massive no-no's in relationships.

1. Having anything to do with a married man (he most likely will NEVER leave his wife for you - it happens about 3% of the time) - he is using you.

2. Never get involved with some one at work AND NOW HE IS YOUR FREAKING SUPERVISOR?? The old saying - NEVER dip your pen in the company ink. EVER!!

This a REALLY BAD situation that will never change. It's been a YEAR and he is still with his wife right??

I reall yfeel bad for your boy friedn - leave him.

This is a REALLY BAD situation. One of the worst I've heard here. This is REALLY unhealthy. Wives despise woman like you.

You have no 'relationhip' with this man as you can not even go around as a couple - this is a lie and a farse.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Sep 19, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Wildcat is right
    I have never heard that saying before: Don't dip your pen in the company ink. I might have to use that one.

Now, a woman view. Not only do wives despise women like you, all women despise women like you.

I can call off about 50 to 100 men who have cheated on their wives, however, I can tell you that 0 have left their wives for the other woman.

Never ever get involved with a co-worker. Never ever ever ever get involved with your supervisor.

I am the type of woman who will not play backseat to another woman... period. I guess that myself esteem won't allow me to only be with a man if I can keep a secret.

Last but not least, why are you allowing this head to have the best of both worlds? He can have the happy, fairytale, nuclear family as well as the plaything on the side and what makes you even more attractive is the fact that you two work together and you are pretty much available to him as much as his wife is. He then goes home and plays daddy dearest, you are the furthest thing on his mind... until the next morning and you are at home, left with regrets, and frustration.
    kevsgrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2005, 07:53 PM
    I know that you are both right. It's not that I am in love with him, I know he will never leave his wife for me. If anything ever did happen between them that they got divorced that's the only time we would ever be together which even then I doubt I would. I like how he makes me feel, we both tell each other our problems, in my relationship in his, we give each toerh advice, we enjoy each others company. I wish I could just say it's done with, but I would stilll have to see him everyday at work, and that I would not want to deal with.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
    He likes how he makes you feel because he is using you - there are no strings for him.

"Not only do wives despise women like you, all women despise women like you." A lot of guys despise you as well.

Get some freaking therapy - I amserious. Leave you boy friend and this guy and find a real MAN WHO IS FREAKING AVAILABLE.

Listen to Letmeno - she is EXACTLY right - only be with available men.

I can't freaking imagine what they say at work about you two - not to mention A LOT of companies would fire BOTH OF YOU!! Do you understand??

This guy is scum - he should be scum to you. HE IS MARRIED!! HELLO?? You guys haven't been together that much BECAUSE HE CAN'T AND Won't!!

Hello?? Lets get some logic in here!! You woman rely on feelings WAY too much and it gets you in trouble.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2005, 10:21 PM
    Oh yeah - he's a cheater (And you are a cheater) - he'll cheat on you and probably has. See Jude Law.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Sep 19, 2005, 10:40 PM
    And so it was
    In short, people just want what they can't (or perhaps I should say shouldn't) have. The thrill of the affair only last as an affair, then your only left on would have could have should have but didn't. End it and learn from your mistakes.

Good Luck!
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Sep 19, 2005, 11:06 PM
    Recover
    There are two kinds of desires
    1) A desire that can be satisfied.
    2) A desire that can't be satisfied.

You desired a man to support you emotionally, to make you feel nice about yourself, to make you complete, to stand by you whenever you feel sad/lonely, to make your day. However, such desires can't be satisfied because you could never have enough of it. Being involved with a married man and also a co-worker would have detrimental effects on your emotional stability and your career. You might not know what's eating you inside even though you know that what you are doing isn't going to last forever or get over with a smile on your face. All you got to do is talk to your own self. Change brings growth, growth brings wisdom. Its time you change your attitude towards your own desires and move on. Only when you are convinced that you have seen it all, when you have seen your desires been fulfilled, you can contemplate on how would you end this chapter without any discomfort to anyone of you. Do not suppress your feelings please. Understand the situation and act accordingly.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 19, 2005, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmeno
    I can call off about 50 to 100 men who have cheated on their wives, however, I can tell you that 0 have left their wives for the other woman.

Never ever get involved with a co-worker. never ever ever ever get involved with your supervisor.
    Yup, I agree (this from a man, and a person in management).

Didn't you just post a "menage trois" thread? What if she has like 5 - 6 orgasms in physical get togethers with him? Would you change your advices?

:D (Just kidding... don't mind me.)
    baidarka Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    1. Having anything to do with a married man (he most likely will NEVER leave his wife for you - it happens about 3% of the time) - he is using you.
    Can I have the source for this stat? :D

Overall, great advice.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 20, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Don't feel like you are the only one in this type of triangle. Many songwriters wrote their best songs through the same type of experiences. Unfortunately though, if you tell him you want to call it off, he could jeapardize your job - be on the lookout for another one, just to be safe. If you have never heard of a singer called Millie Jackson, try to find some of her old soundtracks, one is called 'feelin' y' and there is a song also called 'if loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right' - just to distract your loneliness when at home... Anastacia "Not that kind of Girl" also will make you feel it was written just for you...

But seriously, I hope you can get a new job in a new town and get rid of this very deep ache that will only make you loose in the end.

Now here comes the mean part in me out - When together, complain that he's not doing 'something' right, to move this way and that, (if you know what I mean), get an attitude that he will not appreciate, maybe he'll call it off on his side and look for some new topping for his cake. You need to do something to keep your mental health - because NO MAN or his (part of anatomy) is worth going through the stress that you are. You would be better off alone, or getting a four legged man i.e. a cat or dog. And as far as advice in the work place - there are other's who will appreciate your experience and knowledge without having to share your bed also, and will respect you all the more for it.

No matter what you choose, I wish you all the best.;)
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2005, 02:37 PM
    It's in a lot of publications out there - it's so low it's not even funny.

AND when some one does get a divorce there are normally 2 to 4 rebound relationhips where they kind of use someone.

Sep 20, 2005, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968
    Yup, I agree (this from a man, and a person in management).

Didn't you just post a "menage trois" thread? What if she has like 5 - 6 orgasms in physical get togethers with him? Would you change your advices?

:D (Just kidding ... don't mind me.)
    Hey!! I didn't say it was a smart thing to do. :o
    keriellen2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2005, 10:21 PM
    We Can Do This
    To those in the first few posts... Dont make assumptions until you have walked in someone's exact shoes! KEVSGRL: I understand how you are feeling, I have been in the same situation since March, although mine has a girlfriend not a wife. As for your job situation, he may get moved again, that's what happened to my guy. Whether he will continue to still talk to you after that is a whole different box of rocks. If he does, you will just get more involved emotionally and your hole dug deeper. It seems as though you are really falling for this guy. He may say he is falling for you as well, but he knows he can get "it" from you at anytime so that is why he may be telling you this (altho my guy has never confessed this, I can see it in his eyes) I know that when you are with him it feels awesome and perfect but doesn't it hurt when you leave each other afterwords? Even when I'm driving home from my guys place in the early morning I sometimes start to sob. How do you feel when you think of him and his wife together? Unless you take the direct action, this will probably not change, if you find an easy and painless way to do it by all means please share. You will have had more courage than I. Someday it will end, probably by his wife finding out and stopping it, that's what I'm assuming will happen in my case. I know its hard. Its wrong and its painful, but one day we will look back at this and never understand why we did something so stupid in the first place. :rolleyes:
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2005, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keriellen2
    I have been in the same situation since March, altho mine has a girlfriend not a wife.
    This is NOT the same situation. Far from it. Just ask the wife and their children.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 11:30 AM
    Women don't get this - these guys are cheaters - they haven't left their other woman - HELLO?? What don't you get??

They are having their cake and eating it too.

Once a cheater, always a cheatere. See Jude Law. He will eventually chaet on you.

They haven't left yet and most often never do.

You guys are the mistress - the girl he can't be in public with, take to his family, the one he LAUGHS about with his friends, the one he uses. HELLO??

You are #2 - always will be.

And a guy who has a girl friend?? If he hasn't left her yet since March?? My god - are you that dumb??

Sorry for the tough love - but what don't you get??
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 21, 2005, 12:04 PM
    It's all in making choices, either learned from early childhood where all types of abusive relationships were 'normal', or looking for love in all the wrong places and not learned self-confidence yet - like the most dumb phrase in life "maybe I deserve it" sticks to you like glue. One can also feel comfortable in a situation where the other can never get too close - then you are not ready for a real relationship, and you tell yourself that it's 'better than none'. Eventually you'll get tired of playing those games and start really living. But no matter how much advice you get, it's YOUR choice to make and live with. The best to all who feel left out... Nobody is ever 100 percent happy.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2005, 12:11 PM
    It's a very wrong place. HOW ABOUT FINDING AN AVAILABLE GUY. Why an unavailble guy?? You can't even really go out in public comfortably with these guys.

Sep 21, 2005, 09:50 PM
    [QUOTE=keriellen2] KEVSGRL: I understand how you are feeling, I have been in the same situation since March, although mine has a girlfriend not a wife.

He may say he is falling for you as well, but he knows he can get "it" from you at anytime so that is why he may be telling you this (altho my guy has never confessed this, I can see it in his eyes)

I know that when you are with him it feels awesome and perfect but doesn't it hurt when you leave each other afterwords? Even when I'm driving home from my guys place in the early morning I sometimes start to sob.

How do you feel when you think of him and his wife together? Unless you take the direct action, this will probably not change, if you find an easy and painless way to do it by all means please share.

No one is judging this young lady. We all make super huge mistakes all of the time.
    1. If you can not lay in his arms all night long and cuddle.
    2. If either one of you cannot openly show your love for each other.
    3. If he can not speak to you around certain people.
    4. If either one of you have to park your vehicles in a "bat cave" or other hiding spots when you two meet up
    5. If the thought of running into each other w/ his sinifigant other makes you want to puke.
    If any of the above pertains to you, you are dating way below your standards. After you leave the man you love for the evening you should be walking on air, not crying!
    keriellen2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 08:01 PM
    Wildcat21 where are the good guys?
    If you like to throw out such advice let us know where these men are, by all means! You don't seem like one either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search