Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimee25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Dealing with depress boyfriend
    Hello,

I'm currently new on your site and very happy to be a part of it now...
    I'm seeking for an advice... I've been with a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 1 and half year... we came from different race... we never think about our differences because were both open minded and we love each other so much... just recently many things have been changed his not that affectionate, I feel he doesn't care about me too much, and I found out his taking anti-depressant he never open up it to me that's why drives me nuts... I see the pills side effects on him a lot... that he loves to sleep a lot stay home... I don't know what to do I love him I want to help him... im in a medical field also that's why I understand him... but the problem I want him to open it up to me... coz I feel bad if I'm going to ask him why his depress and taking anti-depressant... please tell me what to do to be able to save our relationship...
    Thanks so much more power on your site...

aimee25
    sweetgal7777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Hi,

I am also facing the exactly same problem diff is I just got recently married and I have doubts that he has some kind of depression. I would suggest try taking him to some psycaterist and convince him for his disease that will help as the day conviction comes it will be sorted out and you will be happy, my husband is not convinced and due to which I am facing lot of problems and we might end up into finishing this rlationship also . My advice to you is to convince him some how to meet psycaterist and the medicine he give just follow religiosly , no diease is un cureable.

All the best
    trueblooe Posts: 31, Reputation: -9

Sep 11, 2007, 02:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aimee25
    hello,

im currently new on your site and very happy to be a part of it now...
    im seeking for an advice ... i've been with a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 1 and half year...we came from different race and religion im cristian his jewish...we never think about our differences coz were both open minded and we love each other so much...just recently many things have been changed his not that affectionate, i feel he doesnt care about me too much, and i found out his taking anti-depressant he never open up it to me thats why drives me nuts...i see the pills side effects on him alot...that he loves to sleep alot stay home...i dont know what to do i love him i want to help him...im in a medical field also thats why i understand him...but the problem i want him to open it up to me...coz i feel bad if im going to ask him why his depress and taking anti-depressant...please tell me what to do to be able to save our relationship...
    thanks so much more power on your site...

aimee25
    Aimme
    Your boyfriend is battling depression is not a problem you have created in fact his abttle is a battle of the mind and only he can fight it you would be wise to allow him to be on his own for a while to see if he work it out as for the differences of religon you cannot be unequally yoked you have nothng in common find yourself a man who serves the Gods you serve otherwise your relationship will end in failure
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Sep 11, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblooe
    Aimme
    your boyfriend is battling depression is not a problem you have created in fact his abttle is a battle of the mind and only he can fight it you would be wise to allow him to be on his own for a while to see if he work it out as for the differences of religon you cannot be unequally yoked you have nothng in common find your self a man who serves the Gods you serve otherwise your relationship will end in failure

Im sorry but I don't agree with this. If you love someone and care about them, why would you bail out on them when they need you most? If you truly care and want to have a future with this person, you stick around and help them as best you can.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Sep 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Imagine for a moment; while looking for the car keys in his jacket pocket you find prescription drugs used to treat cancer. Do you want him to tell you everything about his cancer? Yes you do. Does he wish to talk with you about this? Maybe not right away. Does he need time to deal with this on his own? Are some people a bit shy about taking prescrition drugs? Best that his environment remain safe and that his privacy be respected. This may be a very tough time for you but I'll bet you can handle it and because the disorder is most likely self limited, your present relationship will survive this and much more in the future. "Life is not a Lambo turning 8,500 RPMs in 6th gear."
    aimee25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Hello friends I'm back...
    I'm still struggling in understanding my depress boyfriend...
    The only thing I want is to open up everything to me to be transparent because I wouls like to help him... I don't know how can I let him to talk... he doesn't know that I knew about his medication and the symptoms of depression which kills me but I still try to hold on and uderstands him... so till now were still together... sometimes he feels so good and super sweet to me... sometimes not its like I never exist... please advice me again...
    Thanks and just want to feel OK with you guys on this site
    missplaced Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 10:55 AM

And another post that reminds me of my boyfriend... I think that you must talk to him immediately! Be honest and tell him that you know and ask him why he hasn't told you... basically I think that you must tell him every single thing you wrote in your thread. You have been together for a long time so I can assume that you trust each other enough to have this conversation. I really hope that you'll be able to help him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing... again :( [ 7 Answers ]

Alrite I'm back. Its been a while since I've been on this thing but I have another problem. For those who already don't know I had an old post called dealing (read for the scoop). Well things were really good for us for about a month. Then it all crashed and burned again. I quit my job because the...

Honda Accord hard starting, need depress gas pedal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with hard start on my Honda Accord 1990. When I crank it, it does not seem to catch a spark. Just when I depress gas pedal a little several times, it starts. I changed all spark plugs, it starts very well. After 2 weeks, the same problem came back again. Need help for finding...

Dealing [ 32 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for four months. We are a really great couple and I absolutley love him with all of my heart. I have never found anyone that I connect with so well and I'm so thankfull that I have found him. Last summer I was very sick and could have lost my life. I was at john...

View more questions Search