Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aackerm3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 05:51 PM
    The Pill and its affect on my cycle
    I want to go on the pill in the future and I am wondering if it will affect the time of my cycle? Will I get my period earlier or later than I do now without being on the pill? Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 9, 2007, 05:55 PM
    The pill will actually regulate your cycle. You will be able to tell a month in advance when you get your period.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Like J said, it will become much more regular (predictable) and will most likely make it lighter and with less cramping, etc.

Your doctor will tell you when to start (there are two methods) and then you'll get your period about the same time every month. With the pill, you can even skip months if you want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarium Cycle: The Nitrogen Cycle [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever wondered what it really means for your aquarium to be "cycled"? This is referring to natures Nitrogen Cycle. Here is a quick break down for a better understanding: The Nitrogen Cycle is natures way of purifying itself. It is the process in which nature creates beneficial...

Does plasma donation affect menstrual cycle? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been donating plasma for around a year now and have discontinued my birth control. For the first time in my life, my cycles are delayed and I have abnormal spotting often. I am wondering if anyone knows about this? I can find nothing on the internet... but plasma donation is the only thing...

Been around pregnant woman affect my cycle? [ 4 Answers ]

I have missed my period (I am not pregnant) could be because two of my coworkers are pregnant?? I believe in synchronize period which we had. But now I am thinking that I missed my period because I am around pregnant woman too much. Please help!!

How can taking the pill affect pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

My last period was late and light, but a little heavier towards the end. I took two home pregnancy tests and they were both negative so I began taking my pill again. I am now experiencing lots of pregnancy symptoms and am worried that if I am pregnant, what affect the pill will have on the baby? I...

View more questions Search