Ask
    kubsndark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2007, 01:02 PM
    How to remove damaged or stuck shower drain
    How can you remove a damaged nor stuck shower drain
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Do you mean the actual drain line or the drain part that goes through the bottom of the shower>??
    kubsndark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2007, 09:49 PM
    How can I remove both the drain in the shower and the drain line. The drain itself is stuck and a little damaged from trying to get it out, I might have to go through the ceiling to get to it and probably will have to romove some part of the drain line too. Could you give me directions on this please, thank you.:o
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2007, 11:11 PM
    We had a discussion recently about removing a bathtub shoe. Assuming it's similar yoy will have to create access and cut it off. Recommendations were primarily to use a saws all although I did it with a surface grinder with metal cutting blade because that's what I had access too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove PVC Shower Drain [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I have removed the shower tray and am having trouble removing the shower drain From the main PVC line can't get a good gripe on the drain. And can't use pipe wrench. Any ideas? Thank you. Flash

P trap is stuck; can't remove! [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend dropped an earring down the drain. The P trap (or J bend, actually) should be easy to remove, but after twisting off the two nuts, the trap is still stuck to the pipe coming out of the wall. I guess the gunk that has accumulated over the years is gluing them together. Any tips on...

How to remove shower drain strainer? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some trouble lately with a persistent drain odor coming from the shower drain in our master bathroom. I've been trying to remove the drain strainer so I can access and clean out the vertical drain pipe/ tailpiece, but I haven't had much luck. Since there are no screws for...

Remove existing shower stall drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower stall in the basement. The drain seems to be leaking and I want to remove it. I've cleaned all the sealant around the floor collar but it won't budge. Is is glued in? Does it twist off (threaded)? What tool do I need to get a grip on it? Help. -Barry

Shower drain rusted unable to remove, help. [ 3 Answers ]

I've looked at the WingTite shower drain instructions and they seem pretty much clear. Before I proceed I would like to know if these steps will work on my drain because before I found their website I tried to remove the drain by gaining access from the bottom of the shower and could not. I found...

View more questions Search