Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2005, 01:17 PM
    "Just for Copper" cold weld
    At Ace Hardware (and probably other places) there is an item called "Just For Copper" which comes in an Elmer's Glue like plastic bottle. It is a cold weld for copper pipes (brass too) under 2". I have used it in places where I am temporarily putting on an end cap on. It is easy to use since you just clean the pipe and spread the glue on the fitting and copper pipe, then push together. It is rated for 200 pounds of pressure. I'm not a glue expert (would that be glueology), but it seems to have the consistency of epoxy.

Does anyone know the long term strength of this product? Is this one of those products used in Europe for 30 years and the US is just getting around to noticing it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 15, 2005, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    At Ace Hardware (and probably other places) there is an item called "Just For Copper" which comes in an Elmer's Glue like plastic bottle. It is a cold weld for copper pipes (brass too) under 2". I have used it in places where I am temporarily putting on an end cap on. It is easy to use since you just clean the pipe and spread the glue on the fitting and copper pipe, then push together. It is rated for 200 pounds of pressure. I'm not a glue expert (would that be glueology), but it seems to have the consistency of epoxy.

Does anyone know the long term strength of this product? Is this one of those products used in Europe for 30 years and the US is just getting around to noticing it?
    While I've never used "Just For Copper" I've had good reports about it. Supposed to last for over 50 years in simulated tests. To find out all the poop click on; http://www.justforcopper.com/cb1b.htm
    And all your questions will be answered. Cheers, Tom
    spinoza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Looks like it's not good in cold temperatures. Rated only to 40F.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2010, 06:07 AM

spinoza,
    You're responding to a old dead five year old thread. M look in the upper left hand corner for the date.
    Welcome to AMHD! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Sautering 2" copper to 2" brass [ 2 Answers ]

Note sure if this is the right forum... my husband is in construction at work right now and they have asked me to find out how to sauter 2" copper to 2" brass? Is this possible... if so how? :D Thanks for any input. CORRECTION: What material do you use to fill in when sautering copper to...

4" Copper sewer union [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering what's the best way to tap into my 4" copper sewer pipe. Here's the thing, I need to add a 1 1/2" waste line into the sewer pipe in my basement (which runs across one basement wall). Would I be best to use a PVC T (or wye connection) and reduce the pipe size to that, or should I...

View more questions Search