Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shehan08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Can I use EM.heat all winter?
    We have a gas backup heat on our heat pump.Our outdoor unit probably needs replaced but I was going to put it off until the first of the year if possible.Is it safe to run my heat pump in emergency heat for an extended period.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2007, 08:23 PM
    That should not be a problem. Most peoples' definition of emergency is "resistance heating" which is EXPENSIVE to operate. You appear to have a dual fuel system. Stage 1 is likely HP and Stage 2 heating is gas and emergency.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Sure,, its safe,, people that don`t have heatpumps use a gas or elect,or oil furnace,, the same as what you have,, just expect to pay more for utilitys

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipes freeze in winter time [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of pipes in my bathroom that are subject to freezing in the wintertime due to a home addition which allows air to access space in the walls. We tried adding insulation to the outside wall where the air comes in but it is not enough. The pipes are accessible through a drop panel and...

Rabbits In Winter [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit has been in the shed since November I was wondering when I should bring him back outside in the garden. :) :) :) :)

Heat in the winter [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment (building built in 1800's) in west chester, Pennsylvania and I do not have a thermostat in my apartment. My neighbor downstairs has the thermostat to control the heat for both our apartments. Minus the kitchen and office, each room has a single hot water radiator. My...

Outside AC unit kicking on in winter [ 3 Answers ]

I have central air, and the outside unit (condenser right? I'm a complete noob) kicks on for about 30 seconds, then stops for 30 seconds, then repeats. This doesn't seem normal. Advice? Thx!

View more questions Search