Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused in NY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 01:02 PM
    The survey says
    The results came in as to boundaries. The property I bought with two rentals has my trailers, septic, driveway lawns. They have been there for at least 15 yrs, I donot own property trailers are on. Saw lawyer that was hired for the purchase of property. He says I should talk to man who owns and see if he will sell me the small portion of land that is not in my survey for a small fee and make him first opportunity to purchase if I sell. The second part of survey shows carport on neighbors front corner of garage is 10.6 feet in to my property and the back point is in over 6 foot that's not including his shed that sits an additional 10 feet before his garage. So actually the shed and garage on back point ar over 16 foot . The garage has been here for more than 10 yrs but the carport and shed maybe three yrs. Wasn't the lawyer suppose to be sure the sale was correct? I hired him to make sure everything was kosher and his response was as above with the added comment I am not a surveyor with a chuckle
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 01:46 PM
    So, if I understand the situation correctly, you don't own the land your trailer is on, and the neighbor doesn't own the land his shed and carport are on? Seems to me the most reasonable solution would be to work some sort of deal where you swap that property, possibly with money going one way or the other depending on the relative value of the land. That way you will each legally wind up owning the property that you are currently using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Survey [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a final year project about hygiene and who influences people to practice good food hygiene in their home. In this I'm doing a survey to collect results. So if you are interested please fill out the form. The survey is found at www.hygiene.netfirms.com

Survey [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a final year project about hygiene and who influences people to practice good food hygiene in their home. In this I'm doing a survey to collect results. So if you are interested please fill out the form. The survey is found at www.hygiene.netfirms.com

View more questions Search