Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LHaywood Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Monitor is showing a hot pink color
    I got a computer that is a window vista. I was told they are not the best models but anyway it is an intel pentium dimension 3100. I am trying to see if I have to change the video card or something on the monitor. Also the computer is going real slow I am not sure if it is because of a dsl connection or if I should add more Ram to it? Please let me know any ideas that can put me on track is great.
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 7, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Is this s CRT monitor? I would check the connection, from computer to monitor to see if it's loose. Also, if it's a CRT try using the degauss function. Also, if you have unshielded speakers next to the monitor, it can cause this problem. Windows Vista is known to be memory hungry, how much RAM do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Color problem with monitor [ 1 Answers ]

?? I've a Samtron monitor where only the RED color is not appearing, all others are working fine. I've tested the graphics card but unfortunately not solved, than I've changed the monitor with another new system and found the same problem persists. Please help.

Monitor Color Display [ 2 Answers ]

I was surfin the net, suddenly my monitor went black as if I restarted the PC. I turned it on and off, the screen appeared white then turns black later on. I restarted the PC but the color display became yellowish, and the colors doesn't appear the right one. Can someone tell me why the monitor...

Will pink color hold in bleached hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm confused. My hair is naturally dark brown, but permanantly/salon bleached blonde. I decided I wanted bright pink highlights a few months ago, and had the salon do them. They faded after a couple of days though! When I went back to the salon, they told me that color (pink) needs color to...

Red color disappear with new LCD monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought a new LCD Monitor "Acer AL1916W", After connect to my computer, the monitor color showed weird , especially, red color was gone, only yellow, black and blue were still there. Connecting cable is correctly connected. My installed display card is NVIDIA GFORCE 2MX / MX400 ...

View more questions Search