Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LHaywood Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Blank screen with blinking cursor
    I am having problems try to boot up my computer. When it comes on all I see is a blank screen with the blinking cursor on it. I have a Dell E551 Monitor.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I don't think the monitor is your problem, if you see something on the display the monitor is working, call dell if your still under warranty, or is only the monitor a dell?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 6, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Do you see anything before that, like a logo, or a bunch of text that gives you information about the computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Computer stops at a black screen with a flashing cursor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HP Pavilion 743g. When I turn on my computer, the HP logo flashes on the screen, then it goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor. I have tried to hit f8 to put the computer in save mode, but the windows advanced options menu doesn't come up. Also I have hit f10 to do a system...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

View more questions Search