Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plt831 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 05:33 PM
    DVD/VCR recorder combo units
    Hello anyone,
    I am looking to buy a combo unit as described above. I have looked in stores and on line. I am confused by the information about analog vs digital output. What do I need to look for when buying a unit so it will work when the TV stations do away with analog.
    I want to buy a unit that will be ready for that change and does anyone recommend a brand. I am on satellite TV.
    Thank you
    plt831
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 5, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by plt831
    Hello anyone,
    I am looking to buy a combo unit as described above. I have looked in stores and on line. I am confused by the information about analog vs digital output. What do I need to look for when buying a unit so it will work when the TV stations do away with analog.
    I want to buy a unit that will be ready for that change and does anyone recommend a brand. I am on satellite TV.
    Thank you
    plt831
    Ok here we go. Couple things to consider, most of the time digital vs analog is referring to the audio output (RCA vs Optical or digital Coaxial). As far as video you have two different video standards in the US. NTSC (which is your TV from yesterday) and ATSC which is the future. If you are looking for compatibility with future you would want with both tuners built in as not all programing is available in the ATSC standard. I know Panasonic makes one. The other thing to consider is cost vs. benefit. Most of these units are somewhat disposable meaning that they are designed to give you a few years of good performance then die a dismal electronics death. With ATSC not fully changing over until 2009, maybe you save the money now and reinvest in a few years. Just a thought. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd/vcr Recorder Hookup To Satelliteand Tv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to hookup a dvd/vcr recorder combo to starchoice satellite and sony TV model KP-61v85. I also have a hometheater system but it is a older one so Im not sure If I can hook into that or not. Thankful for any help.

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

Connection from dvd/vcr combo to my amplifer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a combo dvd /vcr and how do I connect wires to amfiler to get sounds I have received picture on TV, help

Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to...

View more questions Search