Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherpet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Hi I wondered if anyone could help me I am living with my partner but the mortgage is only in my name. My partner pays half of everything I think it is only fair he is included in my mortgage. Can anyone please advise how you do this, if it costs, if the mortgage company will do this (he is employed)
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 4, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherpet
    Hi I wondered if anyone could help me I am living with my partner but the mortgage is only in my name. My partner pays half of everything I think it is only fair he is included in my mortgage. Can anyone please advise how you do this, if it costs, if the mortgage company will do this (he is employed)
    Thanks
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on soemone else's thread. This often leads to confusion. So I've asked that this be moved to its own thread.

Your first step is to speak to your lender. Generally a lender will be happy to add someone to the loan. But just adding them to the loan is not fair to them. They should be added to the deed so they have part ownership of the property they are paying for. This means deeding the property from yourselef to yourself and your partner. Now there may be tax consequences of such a move. So your best bet would be consulting a real estate attorney or title company (after talking to your lender) and working out hwat's best here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a spouse's name to mortgage [ 8 Answers ]

I recently married and want my name added to the mortgage/title. How do we go about this?

Adding name to mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to add my name to another persons mortgage and become half responsible for the mortgage. How do I go about this and what all is required

Adding additional name in mortgage payment [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is the one who was paying our mortgage. He wants to put my name in our mortgage agreements or payments. How and what are the requirements and cost to put my name in our mortgage?

Adding children's Names To Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to add my grown up children to my mortgage as they are paying it as well as me, how can I go about this and how much will it cost. June Chapman

Adding my name to a mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi My sister is struggling with her mortgage alone, and as asked me if I would like to go in on the mortgage to cut down her monthly payments. I think this is a investment for me, as it is so difficult to get on the property ladder these days. How do you go about it? Does she have to re...

View more questions Search