Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinnamin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Them I psychic or are these just frequent coinsidences
    How can I tell if I'm psychic or just spiritual? I mean every time I think of someone I see or hear about them. Every time I think of a movie that I haven't seen in a long time "I swear at some point in the day or that same night it will be on. Even when i meet people for the first time i can "read " them. Like examples: if there gay, shady , thieves, depressed, liars, or just know what here ganna do next even if I don't know them. Do u think I'm crazzy? I think I can get into peoples heads sometimes to, because I don't know but before someone does or says or picks something (on a given situation) ill pick it for them I'm my mind first and to my surprise 8 out of 10 times I've picked it first for them. Please help I feel like it gets more in tune as I get older what to do them I bugging??
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
    cinnamin,

I am not psychic but I have experienced these things too. I have a theory that something at sometime was triggered in the brain, a bang to the head might have caused it. It's the sort of thing that makes some people believe they are psychic. I have chatted on psychic and spiritual forums and recognised that I share many experiences with people on there but I am not a psychic. There is another explanation. Understandably most 'psychics' don't want to hear it because they think the have special powers or a gift from God.

You are not going crazy. It is an ability regardless of how you acquired it. But it's yours - it's messages from you to you. Use it! It's fun! I use mine all the time.

Even if you decide to explore it more, that's fine. Just don't pay loads of money to people claiming to help you develop it. Just look at the press, look at the bad press psychics are getting. I believe people who think they can solve murders and kidnappings are very misguided and have failed to recognise this for what it is. I simply refer to it as 'Extra Mental Activity' probably the result of an accident or may even have been created by us in an attempt to deal with childhood abuse.

I don't know how old you are and I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with my ideas but thinking you may be psychic is in my opinion the wrong way to go with this.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Sep 11, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Hello Cinamin,
    Sometime what we feel is psycic is just as bluerose said, our minds talking to us. When my father-in-law died, I thought I was psycic. Why? Because the night before he died, I had a dream he was going to die. Does this make me psycic. No. Before he was dignosed with thoraxic cancer, I had a dream that he would be going to the doctor and finding out he was sick. Does this again make me a psycic, no. Why? First, because they are phoney and they get their power from thinking us a good scam to scam people for money. Second, When I took the time to really think about the events surrounding the situation, it proved nothing psycic or supernatural about it.

We within our brains store so much information that most of the time we are not even aware of all our brain store. Some have greater ability in understanding personalities, and even sometimes we can finish another persons thoughts without them saying a word. That though does not make us psycic, just more skilled at storing more information in our brains then others. The brain is a remarkable thing, it is a super compter, and has a superior programmer.

Have you ever walked into a room and even though you know you have never been there before, could have sworn you where there before? Have you ever met a person that you never met before, and could have sworn you knew them? It is just our brains at work. Some people have the ability to use the portion of the brain that oters can't. For instance,
    Getting back to my father-in-law, what made me know he was sick? After thinking about it for a long time, a few days before me having a dream that he would go to the doctor and they would tell him he was sick, he had looked tired and different and my mother-in-law had mentioned to me that she was going to take him to the doctor. My brain before going to sleep computed all this information and talk and when sleeping made me dream about it.

As to my dream about him dying. Well he had been seriously ill for some time and lost much weight and had trouble eating. I many times thought about him dying and how we might help my mother-in-law get through her grief. The night before he died he had looked very bad and thoughts about him dying came to my mind, his thoraxic cancer and a whole bunch of other stuff. When I went to sleep my brain put it all together and I had a dream he was going to die, and the next day he died. Am I psycic? No, just thinking about matters that had not taken place yet, but seemed like my brain was preparing me for the inevedible.

Most all the time I can read people before I even speak with them, they give off an appearance or a body language that make me know what kind of person they are before they open their mouth. I was able to save my daughter from a bad relationship even before the guy opened his mouth to say hello. Does that make me psycic? NO. it just means that a special part of my brain works that does not work in others. I have been blessed with a special gift or skill where my brain can pick up on things before they even happen. I can pick up on things sometimes that are really strange. One day a friend came to visit and before they even got through the door or said a word, my words to them were, "Come sit down, tell me about it." He looked at me and asked, "How did I know something was wrong?" I just knew. How? Probably because of the fact that I ussually observe many things about people, just in the first meeting, and he was a close friend, so my brain really knew him much better and has stored much information.

My daughter was in the hospital and I had left her to go home and take a shower. I no sooner entered my front door, and something in my mind told me to get back to the hospital and fast. I did and on entering my daughter's hospital room, she was in anpheletic shock from a medicine they had given her that she was alergic to. What made me know she needed me? Was it psycic? NO. my daughter is part of me, when she hurts herself of feels pain, I as a parent know she needs me. Before I had left the hospital to come home, I was told they were going to give her a new medicine. Propabably, this weighed on my mind, pluse before leaving the hospital I fought with my mind, should I leave her? I personally feel that it was a combination of my closeness to my daughter, the feeling of uncertainty of leaving her, and the fact that they were trying a new medicine, all mixed in my head, made me return. Also I feel that God gives each of us the special skills needed as a parent to know when our chilren are in trouble and need us. Credit should not go to any kind of psycic power, but to the real power of God who created our brains and our special ability to use that brain to the fullest.

You, have a gift. Not a psycic gift, but a gift that the Creator gave you at birth, a brain. Some are gifted in the ability to use more of the brain and different parts of the brain, more fully. Cherish that gift and use it wisely and it will benefit you and other. But whatever you do, don't let others tell you that you are psycic, they are all scams and demonic. There is a scientific reason/reasons for your ability. If you want go to any scientific site about the brain. Get to understand it's power and abilities and then you will understand you special gift and you will realize that you are not crazy nor a psycic. You are very normal with a special gift that can benefit you and others.

Hope this helps you.
    Take care,
    Hope12
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
    You very well could be psychic. Everything in the universe creates energy. We can sense that energy. Have you ever felt like someone was staring at you, looked up, and someone was? That is being psychic. You have no reason to think someone is watching you, but you just know. You picked up on the energy. I have had many similar experiences. It started when I hit puberty, and kept getting stronger as I aged. I am in my 20s now and it is not unusual for this to happen frequently. I often have dreams that seem to foreshadow future events. Maybe its just my imagination, but having the knowledge has helped me in the past, so I figure it's a good thing. Get a deck of cards and have a friend help you. See if you can guess the right card. Doing exercises like this will help you develop your abilities. I think everyone has the potential to be psychic, we just don't notice it because we are not looking for it or don't believe in it. Keep a record of your dreams. Write them down as soon as you wake up and see if they have any similarities to real events. There was a guy back in the 20s named Edgar Cayce who would have all sorts of stuff "pop" in his head and he started writing it down. So much stuff he predicted came true, like World War II and the AT&T/Verizon merger and medical stuff that we have now that they had never heard of back then. So, I totally believe in psychics. I believe that it is a gift from God and that a huge responsibility comes with it. I don't know if this is true or not, but an old wives tale says that if you sleep with a piece of amythest under your pillow, you will have psychic dreams. Also, some people think that during a full moon, psychic abilities will peak because of the gravitational pull of the moon affecting the frontal lobes of the brain. Most people don't use their frontal lobes that much. That is the part of the brain that rules psychic ability. Don't know if this helps or not. Don't let anyone tell you its not real or that your weird. It is perfectly normal. You sound like a special person. Good Luck and God Bless You!;)
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 19, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamin
    how can i tell if im psychic or just spiritual? I mean every time i think of someone i see or hear about them. Every time i think of a movie that i havent seen in a long time "I swear at some point in the day or that same night it will be on. Even when i meet people for the first time i can "read " them. Like examples: if there gay, shady , thieves, depressed, liars, or just know what here ganna do next even if i dont know them. Do u think im crazzy? I think i can get into peoples heads sometimes to, because i dont know but before someone does or says or picks something (on a given situation) ill pick it for them im my mind first and to my surprise 8 out of 10 times ive picked it first for them. Please help i feel like it gets more in tune as i get older what to do em i bugging??????
    Hold on Cookie, you're not losing it. Take it easy... go with the flow. Why are you so alarmed? You're worrying about nothing. If it were me, I'd be tickled pink if my instincts were half as keen as yours, anf by the way that's all that is --- instinct! Take it as an extra helping and count yourself, blessed, it certainly gives you a leg up, dosen't it? Who could want for more? And trust me, the older you get the more you're going to chill and let it ride. Your feathers won't get so ruffled as quickly. Till then... hang on... enjoy the ride! You're cool... don't sweat it.
    askahealer Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamin
    Even when i meet people for the first time i can "read " them. Like examples: if there gay, shady , thieves, depressed, liars......

There are those who instinctively and unconsciously read body language, facial expressions and vocal tones. A lot of times, this skill comes from being raised in an abusive, alcoholic or otherwise dangerous environment as a child. Sometimes, other senses are developed by necessity.

However, just being able to tell if someone is "gay, shady, a thief, depressed or a liar doesn't necessarily mean you are psychic.

If psychic ability is something you feel you might want to explore, then the best way I can think of would be to train and work with it in a way that would be neutral. In other words, all the things you mentioned (with the exception of gay) were rather negative qualities.

Being a psychic is a lot less about judgment or picking up negativity than it is about being in a neutral space of discernment.

One good way to become neutral and more able to objectively test your psychic abilities would be to work with a deck of cards. Just shuffle a deck, pull out a card but do not look at it. While holding the card, psychically ask what card you are holding. Do this enough times to see if you are beating the averages. Are you able to tell what suite the card is or what color? How many times to do you get the suite right... clubs, spades, hearts or diamonds.

I personally have had life-changing experiences with psychics and know for sure that some of them are guided by the Light. I have also done intuitive readings and know for sure that my intent was good and that my guidance was for good.

That having been said, it is absolutely true that others in the psychic arena are less than clear and the guidance you receive from a psychic is only as good as the clarity of the transmission.

As for psychic training, I think you can hone your own skills. Where an experienced psychic could be of value would be in giving tips on staying centered, focused, clear and safe as you learn to work in psychic realms.

I have a good article on my site about how to determine if a psychic is real
    Ranyxa Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 06:13 AM
    You could be psychic, and that's a good thing... isn't it? I mean, I can change the colors of the traffic lights... on my good days. Anyway, ease up, being psychic is not that bad. Except if you accidentally make a huge thunderstorm so that your tuition teacher gets caught in a flood and can't make it for your tuition lesson. 0.o I did that, by the way...
    askahealer Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranyxa
    You could be psychic, and that's a good thing...isn't it? I mean, I can change the colors of the traffic lights...on my good days. Anyway, ease up, being psychic is not that bad. Except if you accidentally make a huge thunderstorm so that your tuition teacher gets caught in a flood and can't make it for your tuition lesson. 0.o I did that, btw...
    I remember a Native American leader who talked about the responsibility of developing spiritual energetic strength and how everything you may affect around you also affects everything else.

I can't recall if it was Orvol Looking Horse or some other leader I've been privileged to sit in circle with, but whomever it was, he was referring to the practice of energetically interacting with the weather to shift it, in that case to move rain away from the Sundance.

He said he realized that, even if the rain left the Sundance Arbor, it went somewhere else, to someone else. There's a lot of responsibility attached to that kind of work.

Even if the power of group prayer caused the rain just to cease, what did that change for the wildlife, the plants, the waterline in the area, etc.

I am also thinking of the phenomenon called

The Butterfly Affect.

For those who might not know that term aside from an Ashton Kutcher movie, the butterfly affect says that even an action so small as a butterfly flapping it's wings in China, can eventually cause some type of affect on the other side of the world.

I strive to walk consciously and mindfully through my life and keep my energetic thoughts as clear and mindful as I can, so that whatever affect my thoughts and personal desires have in the world around me, it will be for good.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 05:52 PM
    It is being insync with your spirit.
    I have been trying to be more aware of things around me and the more I am the more these things happen to me.
    I notice many people walk through life like zombie robots and they are not aware of anything around them and have no spiritual awareness.
    I realized one day I was doing the same and started fighting it. I have gotten to where I can see what is happening in situations that other people take at face value I can see from a spiritual dimension of what is really going on.
    One thing I now notice is the more stress I have the more out of tune I am with the synchronicity.
    bluerose is right do not look at it as ESP or psychic because you will try to conform it into something limiting and feel as though you flopped if you can't 'predict'
    GypsyRoots Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I don't believe in "coincidences, " but in synchronicity.

Think of these occurrences as God saying Hello.

Encouragement from your Angels that you are going in the right direction.
    AquaLiz Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I think everyone has some form of psychic abilities in them. It's recognizing those abilities and building on them that's the hard part. It comes more natural to some than others though. The degree that one will have to work at it will vary from person to person. You've probably got a more natural ability than others. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frequent Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having frequent headaches for almost a year now. I went to get glasses over the summer, because I thought that was the cause of them. I now wear my glasses often, but I still get these frequent headaches. I have also noticed my eyesight getting worse. Any logical explanation?

Frequent urniation [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 8 to 10 year old rescue dog who has been with me for 3 months. About 2 1/2weeks ago she started peeing on the floor at night. We have ran a senior chem panel. Checked for diabetic, surgery to look for bladder stones or tumors. Nothing has been found. Pat Lively

Too frequent erection! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi Well I've scoured the internet and I can't find help with my problem. Basially I am 28 years old and find that I get too easily sexually aroused! I'm expecting all the following posts to say that I am lucky but it is actually a real problem. I go swimming a lot now to get used to being around...

Frequent Illnesses [ 3 Answers ]

My 18-year old daughter seems to be getting sick all of the time. Typically this happens right around the time of her menses. In the past year she has had strep throat twice, cat scratch disease, a form of odd conjunctivitis, various upper respiratory infections (viral), and now seems to be...

Frequent infections [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am a very worried mom. My son, who is 19 years old was diagnosed with mononucleosis almost 1 year ago. It seems since then, he catches everything that is going around. Presently he is sick with an oral thrush, has had a fever the last few days, although that has now cleared up, and a...

View more questions Search