Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kashfiiqb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Finding angles of a pigeon
    Hi everyone, I have a queston:
    Consider a gun fixed on a ground. The gun can move horizontally within some range of angles and vertically within some range of angles, thus it makes a cone in air which is its effective fire area. It means that it can target a pigeon in the air if the pigeon is within its cone area.

known things: x,y coordinates of the pigeon and its height above the ground
    x,y coordinates of the gun and its height above the ground
    unknown/To Find: is the pigeon in the cone's area of the gun? Or is the pigeon in the area that the gun can hit it?
    if I draw the pic, it would be something like this:

Pigeon(x2,y2,h2)
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    GUN(x1,y1,h1)

whereas the gun's cone would look something like this:

\ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    O
    GUN(x1,y1,h1)

well for simplicity, I have made the cone vertically above, but it may be at side, like at 45 degrees from the ground... hope it helps u in imagining the problem.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Why a cone? Why not a pyramid?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pigeon pest, who's responsible? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, We have a lot of pigeons around our house (Chicago). On the roof, downstairs and breeding on window of our apartment. Which makes it very yuck and basically impossible to open windows in that particular room. There are droppings all around the house and their feathers and dust litter our...

Acute angles [ 1 Answers ]

If α, β are acute angles such that Sin = 1/12 and Cos β = 4/5 Calculate the six trigonometric functions for the sum and differences of the two angles….

Angles [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the angles x and y here? http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2773/matenurk001vz2.jpg

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

Pigeon Control... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I have 15-20 pigeons sitting on my roof. It is 2 story house. I was wondering what is the best method to get rid of these pigeons.? Thanks

View more questions Search