Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moodyjrm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Switch does not change fan speed
    Hunter Ceiling fan and the pull chain does not change the speed. The switch goes through all four settings on, on on off. Is more than the pull switch at fault?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Switch may be clicking, but not switching. Possibly bad switch. You could identify wires on fan switch(black-L, and so on), and test switch operation. If switch or capacitor not problem, then maybe shorted windings on fan motor. If stuck on high, maybe a fan control easy solution?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2007, 05:14 PM
    I am fairly certain it is a bad capacitor.

Ceiling fan capactors - troubleshooting and resources - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan speed won't change [ 2 Answers ]

We recently purchased and installed two different Harbor Breeze ceiling fans. They have both developed the same problem - all three speed settings are now high speed. We solved the problem for one fan by installing a wall switch that changes the speed. That seems to work fine - we can now get...

Ceiling fan switch - 4 speed fan sold by sears [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the chain out of the switch on my Sears ceiling fan. Any suggestions on where to find a switch replacement or adapt to something else? Sears no longer stocks the part, I have tried Ace Hardware, Home Depot and local ceiling fan store.

Fan speed switch [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper wiring diagram for replacing a 3 speed / 5 wire switch in a ceiling fan? I have four of the wires properly colored coded and hooked up, but, can not find where the last one goes, since I was not the one who removed the original old switch?

Replacing a 3 speed fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a three speed ceiling fan switch. I have the switch but I don't know where the wires go! On the switch it says 1,2,3,Land there is a hole for each number and letter.the wires are pink,gray,black,and yellow. I don't know what hole each them go into! Can someone please help me!! ...

Two speed pedistal fan switch [ 4 Answers ]

Let neighbor borrow fan during hurricane Rita. It is 2 spd.30in pedistal fan. Returned with pull chain switch missing.Old switch positions were1 off, first pull low, second pull off, third pull high,pull again, off.have no idea how switch was wired. Tried ceiling fan switch in various wiring combos...

View more questions Search