Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sierrasunn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Hello Everybody, I am in a month by month contract. The owner is going through foreclosure but I think that it is in the beginning stages. He will not give me any information as to who the lender is. First of all, do I have to continue to pay him rent even though he told me that he is surrendering the house and I am on a month to month and he told me that I can stay until the bank kicks me out? Secondly, is there a way that I can find out who the lender is by myself online and ask them their policy regarding foreclosures? I could really use this advice. I'm a single mom and I am afraid that I won't have enough time to find something that I can afford.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrasunn
    Hello Everybody, I am in a month by month contract. The owner is going through foreclosure but I think that it is in the beginning stages. He will not give me any information as to who the lender is. First of all, do I have to continue to pay him rent even though he told me that he is surrendering the house and I am on a month to month and he told me that I can stay until the bank kicks me out? Secondly, is there a way that I can find out who the lender is by myself online and ask them their policy regarding foreclosures? I could really use this advice. I'm a single mom and I am afraid that I won't have enough time to find something that I can afford.
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread. This generally leads to confusion. So I've requested this be moved to its own thread.

Did you read the answers to the original question in this thread? Of course you have to continue paying him rent. His financial status has no bearing on your contract with him.

Start looking now. You can't be summarily thrown out without notice. So you will be given some time. Have you thought of asking the landlord if he can transfer the loan to you? If he is just going to give it back to the bank, he will get nothing and may continue to owe something. If you assume the mortgage, at least he won't owe anything more.
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Sep 4, 2007, 10:14 PM
    The mortgage will be recorded in your city or town hall. Usually someone there can help you if you give them the address.
    Keep paying the rent. You may want to try to buy from him. Most loans are not assumable these days, so you will have to get financing on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

CA - lease ends, becomes month-to-month with no contract? [ 4 Answers ]

I signed a lease that expired on March 31, 2007 that says: 30. Expiration, Tenancy From Month To Month: Upon expiration of the Term of this Lease, but not upon the earlier termination hereof, this Lease shall continue as a tenancy from month to month unless either Landlord or Resident gives...

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search