Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Whitebow Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 07:57 AM
    My lower back
    Has anyone every had a back strain so painful making up feel horrible?
    I cannot sit or long or move much already over a week. This is driving up a wall went to hospital already.They told me rest and pain pills though didn't do much right now.Suppose to physio well if I'm lucky to get in fast is another store.Had back problems before but this takes the cake topping my god.:eek:
    Will this ever ease up or not should I wait and see another day or so go to hosptial again? They didn't take any x-rays nothing though pain isn't in the leg yet just around my hip and buttocks upper lower back.One place so painful.Well if anything let me know I'm hoping to have someone tell me if this is normal or not:confused:
    Thanks.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebow
    i'm hoping to have someone tell me if this is normal or not:confused:
    Thanks.
    Well, of course it's not normal. You have my sympathies because I have had several episodes of nearly incapacitating lower back pain. They are always started by some lifting or pulling motion, not necessarily very strenuous. So far it subsides on its own after 2-4 days of rest. I'm not medically qualified, so I can't give you any real advice, only sympathy and my own story. Hope it helps.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Have you considered going to a chiropractor? In my 35 years of experience with back problems, usually the medical people just give you muscle relaxants and pain pills that only cover up the problem. A chiropractor will treat the problem--"move" the bulging disk that is pressing on nerves and causing pain.

Meanwhile, lie on your back on a mat or carpet with your legs up on pillows or a chair seat so your knees are bent and your low back is flat. Do this as much and as often as you can. If it's painful, of course don't do it, but this position has always given me relief.

Sep 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
    I cannot sit or long or move much already over a week. This is driving up a wall went to hospital already.They told me rest and pain pills though didn't do much right now.Suppose to physio well if i'm lucky to get in fast is another store.Had back problems before but this takes the cake topping my god.:eek:
    Will this ever ease up or not should i wait and see another day or so go to hosptial again? They didn't take any xrays nothing though pain isn't in the leg yet just around my hip and buttocks upper lower back.One place so painful.Well if anything let me know i'm hoping to have someone tell me if this is normal or not:confused:
    Thanks.
    You think its disk problem so why they say back strain? I don't understand it's to painful for back strain. This is awful nothing helps it.Just took tylenol and it's a bit better.Lying down is also painful maybe only position is on stomach for some reason its less painful.Other ways it's impossible to move or get up or turn.. dammnn.. you know they didn't even take a damn.xray at hospital.It's like they couldn't give a rat about it.Makes me mad to think they don't care only if you come by ambulance.. grrr.. well I'm keeping a eye on it and see from there.. thanks for your help guys..

Sep 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
    I cannot sit or long or move much already over a week. This is driving up a wall went to hospital already.They told me rest and pain pills though didn't do much right now.Suppose to physio well if i'm lucky to get in fast is another store.Had back problems before but this takes the cake topping my god.:eek:
    Will this ever ease up or not should i wait and see another day or so go to hosptial again? They didn't take any xrays nothing though pain isn't in the leg yet just around my hip and buttocks upper lower back.One place so painful.Well if anything let me know i'm hoping to have someone tell me if this is normal or not:confused:
    Thanks.
    Thank you for your kind understanding. I guess if you suffer from back pain you feel someone pain.Myself been there and understand it really now more than ever.Byee
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
    The only way I found out about my disk problem was by getting an MRI. X-rays and ct-scans didn't show it.

Sep 2, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    The only way I found out about my disk problem was by getting an MRI. X-rays and ct-scans didn't show it.
    Well they didn't do nothing.. bummer. If it's a disk problem I would have pain my legs or arms? I don't have pain there not yet.. all in all I'm not getting better.. yet.. :eek:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
    I had no real pain. My low back ached depending on what I was doing. I had trouble climbing stairs. If I sat or stood in one position too long, my right leg got sleepy and numb.

Pain from the hip down the leg might mean a disk is pressing on a sciatic nerve. I never had that but it's fairly common.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Thanks.
    I hurt my back in Jan '07, been through the series of three Epidurals and a Myelogram w/ CT. X-rays were useless, physical therapy has helped some but I'm getting bored (six weeks PT now)
    *(edit)* bulge at L5-S1
    All they say is be patient. :rolleyes:
    I've worn an otherwise comletely good game console, a VCR, taken up astonomy, read a ton of books, just about out of ideas. :p
    Oh! And joined AMHD just to annoy as many people as possible in one day.. :eek:
    jaynav Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 04:07 AM
    hi, they won't take x-ray unless some sort of trauma was involved, like fall or rtc, sounds like sciatica which is inflammation of sciatic nerve, not a lot can help other than time and ibuprofen. One exercise you can do which helps me as I get this occasionally and get literally stuck in bed! Is to lie on back with knees bent, arms outstretched, lower knees to one side and turn head to opposite side, take deep, slow breaths and then move knees and head to other side and repeat. This is good for stretching out back and helps to stop problem reoccuring, hope this helps
    Wanda Rich Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Thanks.
    There is nothing worser than back pain. I really don't know what to tell u but go to a real
    "doctor". Not any kind of assistant. I have a lot of back pain too. It feels like an electrical shock. The thing that I've learned about is that you can't move faster than your body can tollerate. Even when you're not in pain, be careful how you get up, sit down lay down and bend over. This can trigger back pain. Try not to sleep the same way all through the night. When you wake up in the middle of the night, you should change positions. I know this stuff 1st hand. Tell a doc u want to know what's wrong, and to not just give you pain pills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Pain in lower back. [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a constant pain in my right side. Kind of in my back. And lately been having the urge to go to the bathroom a lot more then usual. And when I have to go to the bathroom the pain get worse and it hurts bad enough to cry. And the pain spreads all over. It hurts to lay on my left side. And...

Lower right back pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my lower right side ubove my cheek, it hurt a lot. What could it be?

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

View more questions Search