Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kas10020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Love or control?
    I have been with this man for about 4 years, he has been in and out of jail. He has now entered a 6 month rehab program for alcohol. He tatooed my name on his arm and I was wondering if a man would do that if they really did not love you? Or, could it be a way to try to own me as he is very controlling?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2005, 01:31 PM
    First question. Why are you with this man? Why?

Bad boy attraction? Very bad for you. He gives you those 'feelings' other guys don't?

It's definitely control. It's not 'cute', so it's controlling.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Sep 8, 2005, 03:20 PM
    What's in a Name?
    Your name Inked on his arm is the least of your concerns; Given his history, his overall treatment of you; does he express his love for you, or have you played the reliable constant in his unstable world. You affirm that he's controlling, yet you admit that you have been with him for four years. Why?
    He should not be able to control you with the power of ink, remember, you have a choice in this... whatever you decide... so shall it be. It appears that his gesture has touched you in a special way, which now causes you some dis-ease. It seems that this surreal event requires you to affirm your core position in the relationship. Are you in love with him? An answer that appears long overdue.
    corey59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2005, 06:31 PM
    He may believe that he loves you because he doesn't seem very settled in his life and perhaps you are a stable factor. But, seriously why are you with him? What are you getting out of the relationship? It is okay to ask yourself that because a relationship should bring something for all the parties involved not just one of the parties. I don't know you and I am sure you are a nice person but if you think a tattoo is a sign of never ending love, maybe you should talk to somebody about what love really is yourself. You may have a very low self-esteem but I am sure you have a great deal of value and do not deserve to be treated badly. I am fairly certain there are a number of celeberaties that have tatooed names of their lovers on their body, they don't seem to stay in those relationships just because their body bears that person's name. Him having your name tatooed on his body is not a contact that binds you to him. PLEASE, PLEASE GET HELP.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Sep 8, 2005, 09:25 PM
    What is Love
    Love is a very personal feeling in which we all have a slight different perspective on Love. Does this guy love you, perhaps love to this guy mean getting a tatto with his girls name on his arm, who knows. The problem most have is that don't really know how to show love. It is strange, but you often hear of children from abusive homes become abusive, I am not saying all by any means but there is often a repeat of behavior shown by significant influences in ones childhood. So what I am trying to illustrate is that due to all having a different concept of love, when two get together there are often conflicts due to the difference. Personally I couldn't see how a tatto is an illustration of love, but again that is only from my perspection and not his. Some people have strange ways of showing love,, the jail thing illustrates bad behavior and that is never good in a long relationship. I would be more concerned about the jail issues than a tattoo, but again that is just me.

Just the same I wish you luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should a man be in control [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am new and really appreciate your help:).. I have just started having sex a couple months ago w/ my boyfriend. I am no longer with him but I was still curious about this issue. This question is more geared towards males but I would be glad to get a response from either sex. My...

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

View more questions Search