Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haidar06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2005, 03:17 AM
    Javascript qustion
    Hi,

I'll be very pleased if any one can give me a help with this issue:

I am trying to set the Document.domain property inside the javascript tags, the statement will be as follow:

try
    {
    document.domain="hiscreening.com";
    }
    catch(e)
    {
    alert(e);
    }

It just keep throwing error and it seems that I can't set the domain property to what I asked it to do, the error message says:

[Object Error]

Please, have you got any suggestion to have to resolve this issue?

Many Thanks in advance
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2005, 04:01 AM
    I sounds like the domain property is very fussy and can't be changed too much. Maybe you are trying to set it to an invalid value?

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...oc_domain.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another Hampton Bay Remote Only Ceiling Fan Qustion [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! Every year since I bought my 52-RDT ceiling fan with remote with no manual controls, I have had to replace the receiver unit because it stopped processing light controls. Hampton Bay was willing to send me a replacment rceiver free of charge each time (3?). But I have had enough. The reason...

WWW::Mechanize and Javascript [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am using Mechanize module of perl to do some web based testing.The client side validation which is written in javascript cannot be invoked from mechanize . I searched for it... The result is No.. No.. No.. Theortically Impossible. Javascript cannot be called from Mechanize. But...

Javascript [ 1 Answers ]

Does internet explorer support javascript anymore? I sometimes get that question from a site. Thank you. Brenda.

View more questions Search