Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiquita_bandita Posts: 44, Reputation: 8

Aug 31, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Leaking washer
    My washer appears to be leaking, I discovered the floor was a bit wet around the front of it. I used it 1 day ago and it worked like normal (went through all the cycles and cleaned the clothes just fine), but I guess that's when it leaked I just didn't notice it right then. So I checked around the pipes and everything was dry there. The water seemed to just be around the front of the washer, not like it was coming from the back. I can tell for sure the water pipes didn't leak, but I guess it could be possible that the drain pipe could have, I'll have to watch it next time I use the washer. I was wondering what it probably, is this something I may be able to fix? And where do I start?

It's a stacked Kenmore, probably around 6-7 yrs old.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 05:24 AM
    Leaks are likely to be coming from one of four places. The 1) the pump 2) the drain hose nipple clamps 3) the hoses 4) the centerpost seal. If you the hoses or the pump is not lesking, look underneath the center of the tub.

Sep 1, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Thanks for the answer. So, I assume I run the washer and watch it to see when/where it leaks? Is there a way to tell by the timing of the leak during the cycle what the problem is? Also, where is the pump and how do I look under the center of the tub?
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 05:51 AM
    More than likey you will need to remove the back panel, maybe even the entire cabinet to located leak at the pump or seal. To remove the back remove 2 console screw, one at each end. Flip up the console, Twist the tab 90 degrees at the center bottom of panel. If you need to remove the cabinet it will simply remove by leaning forward and rocking off the locating tabs after the back hase been removed.

Sep 1, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Thanks again for the answer. I had dried up all the water lastnight, and when I checked it this morning, it was wet again. So I figured it must be a leaking hose after all. Sure enough, when I pulled the washer out again and checked more thoroughly, the hot water hose was a little wet where it connects into the back of the washer. I didn't think to check the end of the hose that goes into the washer, I had just checked the end coming from the wall. Duh. I turned it off at the valve and so far, everything's dry, so I think that was the problem. Hopefully! I'm going to let it sit again toniight, make sure it stays dry, and use the washer tomorrow just to make sure. So hopefully the problem is solved. Thanks again for the help.
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Great, nothing worse than water on the floor, and it was an easy fix for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite washer leaking water [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore Elite Washer is leaking water from back. It is not from any of the tubes ( hot, cold water and drain tube are all dry). It is from black hole on the back. It starts to leak water when it is in the washer cycle about 5-7 minutes. I have tried for small load to make sure it is not...

Washer Leaking or Overflowing [ 3 Answers ]

My wife had it on large capacity and when I came in water was everywhere. We turned it off and the leaking stopped. When I opened the lid the water was over the top of the agitator. I couold hear the water leaking. I turned it down to a medium load and it began the first cycle. I am not sure what...

Kenmore Washer Leaking Yellow Color on Clothes [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Please Help! My washer is leaking a yellow substance on my clothes. I thought it was just when I wash in warm/cold setting for my whites, but it seems that the yellow color has been getting on my dark clothes also-they are washed in cold. What can I do? Thanks, Royalty

Kenmore Elite washer leaking grease [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore elite washer has a yellowish greasy film under it. It seems to be leaking the grease. Does anyone know what the problem is or what part needs to be replaced?

Kenmore washer leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very nice Kenmore Elite King Size washer, about 4 years old. No problems until noticed water leaking from underneath today. Would this most likely just be a simple hose or fitting that needs to be replaced? I have not turned it over yet to look at it. I think it is Model 110.20956

View more questions Search