Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TarheelMel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Bad cheque
    As a US citizen what recourse do I have against a Canadian citizen who issued a cheque for renting a villa in Mexico then reported it lost or stolen to get out of the confirmed reservation contract after it was converted to US dollars & deposited in a US Bank, then reconverted and returned resulting in a loss of $82.51 plus a $15 returned check charge plus the rental fees loss?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 05:35 PM
    I don't think there is very much you can do about recourse; as far as Canada is concerned, Mexico is a foreign country and the transactions alone would be hard to trace. Just don't arrange something like this next time and it won't happen again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Almost nothing, you could turn it over to a collection agency.

If the check was "bad" I will assume you could file charges in Canada, I am not sure if they will let you do it by mail or not, but you could call up there and find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraud cheque [ 8 Answers ]

Just a month ago I was looking for job and iwas applying for job on online sites like jobbank, workopolis, monster. So one job I have applied they answered me with email that we are doing construction business in UK and we have customer in US and CANADA. I am living in CANADA. So you have to just...

Bounced Cheque [ 3 Answers ]

Suppose the customer has made the transactions for the amount of Rs. 2500.00 He gave the cheque for the amount Rs. 2500.00 and an entry is passed in AR. But the cheque is bounced then how pass the countra entry. What is the process.

Dated cheque [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cheque dated from 2004 from canada, just woundering if the cheque expires after a certain date or it just stays good indefinetly.

Cash a Cheque [ 6 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to cash a cheque? If you under the age of 18 can you cash a cheque if it is addressed to you?

View more questions Search