Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curioustokno Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Body art
    I have a pitbull tatooed on my arm with my 2 sons name in the banner, and when I am in public people stare at it in an offensive way, I get more compliments from men than I do from women, (some get really offended) when its just a tattoo, a very beautiful one at that.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
    I don't see why people would be offended. I don't know what's particularly offensive about a pit bull.

I have several tattoos and I used to feel that people were looking at them but now I just think that people must think they're cool and that's why they look. If someone is every staring in a disapproving manner, well that's their problem. Not everything in this life is up everyone's alley. We're all different. Its like I would never be caught dead at the drugstore in a some frou frou sweater and stirrup pants those people wouldn't be caught dead with a tattoo.

To each his own, right? You can't change how people act only how you react people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Maybe they are not dog lovers ?

Is it a killer looking pit bull, teeth showing looking like it is ready to tear someone apart?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:34 PM
    It would not be looked at as a more "women type" tattoo, it is not a dove, or a dophin or a heart.

I will say I assumed you were male when I saw it was a pitbull tattoo.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Yeah I agree. Its not a "traditional" feminine tattoo. So people may just be surprised to see such a tattoo on a woman. Of course tattoos are incredibly personal and the reasons people choose their tattoos are varied.

I would try not to take offense to it I really think that people are just surprised. Whenever anyone learns I have tattoos they act shocked and usually say something small minded like "but people like YOU don't have tattoos!". Well then who exactly DOES get tattoos?
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:42 PM
    What I would do is just kill people with kindness so they feel like a real rat for giving you nasty glances. If you catch someone giving you a disapproving glance I would smile so large that it would make my face hurt and say hello! Make them feel like a real dud for pre-judging someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Body art [ 1 Answers ]

Tattoo I want a tatooing. My work is docter. Is anything affect on my work.

Art [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, But I miss typed the initials on my question. It should have been SZL. My etching are done by artist "Charlot". There is one "T" in Charlot. I have two, titles are ON THE HILL and IN AVEYRON, FRANCE. They are house scene. Appreciate any help on value and any other information. ...

Art [ 7 Answers ]

Where can I get some good colored pensils?

Body art [ 22 Answers ]

What kind of tattoos are the most popular right now?

View more questions Search