Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cousineau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Owe back rent
    Can the landlord confiscate my only means of transportation without any written notice?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Not even with written notice. Before he can confiscate ANY property of yours, he would have to sue you and obtain a judgement against you. In the case of back rent, he would have to evict first.

Even if he gets a judgement, he may not be able to attach non cash assets.
    scri8e Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Need more info to answer this correctly.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scri8e
    Need more info to answer this correctly.
    Are you implying that I didn't answer it correctly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pet back rent from Two years ago [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently got new landlord who wants me to pay back rent for a dog that I had for a while. This landlord has not been at my complex for more than a year can she cahrge me back rent for my dog if the other land lord did not and I did not sign an agreement for that year.

Do I owe back taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I recently brought some property from my mom. She had money problems and owed 0ver 10k of back taxes. Do I owe these back taxes or do I owe from when I purchased it?

Charging back rent [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed a lease with a guy for an apartment. They verbally agreed that the landlord would fix their walls that had holes and cracks in them before they would move into the apartment. But when they moved in the they were not fixed. So when the landlord did not charge rent in was assume...

How do I recuperate back rent [ 3 Answers ]

I have tenants that were evicted and they now owe $5500.00 in back rent, a tribunal order was issued in that amount and they have now moved. I have there social insurance number and there job information along with there new address. What should I do to get my money, do I go to small claims...

Lawsuit on back rent [ 7 Answers ]

I am being sued over back rent. I had rented from the landlord for 10 yrs when I had to take my husband home to FL due to an illness which the landlord was aware of. I ended up staying in FL about 8 months. My rent was 300/mo and the landlord is suing for about $3000. Then there are attorneys...

View more questions Search