Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maandpa1227 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Debt-to-total asset Ration
    The King Card Company has a return-on-assets (investment) ratio of 12 percent.

a. If the debt-to-total-assets ratio is 40 percent, what is the return on equity?
    b. If the firm had no debt, what would the return-on-equity ratio be?

Total Debt to Total assets = short term debt + long term debt / total assets

If that is true and the ratio is known (40%) Would it not become 40% ratio / 12% ratio =

ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 29, 2007, 10:20 AM
    No. Without knowing actual equity, at the very least, there is no way to answer the questions. Not enough data. With a dollar amout of equity, you you can (based on the information provided) determine Total Assets, Total Liabilities, ROE, etc. But without that crucial bit of data, there isn't enough information to answer the questions. Or, if you had $ total assets, or $ total liabilities, you could use that info to figure out equity, and the rest would be easy.

Elliot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed asset or Intangible asset [ 4 Answers ]

Is the U.S. Treasury Note. A Fixed or Intangible Assets.

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Asset or Expense? [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a paving business and purchase concrete for your business, is the purchase of the concrete an asset or an expense, and when the need arises to refill the truck with more concrete, is this another purchase of an asset or an expense?

Are WWII Ration cards collectible? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of helping an elderly neighbor clean his house and pack for him moving into a senior living complex. This afternoon he and I came across a packet of WWII ration cards from 1943. They were for his Father and Mother, his younger brother, and himself. He was going to throw them...

View more questions Search