Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victorvillevixen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:10 AM
    California 60 Day Notice to Vacate
    I am on disability and have lived in the mobile home park for nearly nine years. I ALWAYS paid my rent on time, up until the delivery of my checks was changed (3 yrs ago), from the 1st to the 14th. Since that time, I have paid my rent in the middle of the month, ALWAYS including all late charges, and usually adding a few dollars extra towards the next month (allowing me a credit balance on furture statements. I discussed this with the park manager more than two years ago, and she said that, since I always paid all the late charges that there would not be a problem. I even sent a confirmation letter to her (and kept a copy).

On August 13th. a 3 day AND a 60 day noticed were tacked on my door. Unknown to me (at the time) a new law passed in Jan 2007, stating that when a tenant is late in paying rent in three consecutive months, they can evict. I still owe on my mobile and I do not have the money to move it. My bill pay records show that I have paid my lot rent on (or after the 14th of the month for the past 26 months. I also have additional hand written checks. It has also been eight months since the law past. These managers have NEVER "played by the rules" but, more importantly, how do I save my home?

Any/all help would be appreciated!:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
    I understand living from check to check, But couldn't you have set it up to pay ahead one month so you can pay on the 14th for the future month? Or you could have asked for a modification to the lease to change the due date.

Anyway, let them take you to court to evict. Go into court and explain it to the judge showing how you have always made your payments with the knowledge and consent of the landlords. I doubt if the judge will uphold the eviction. Then ask for the lease modification. Maybe pay an extra half month to get it. You make it back in saving on late fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 day notice law in California [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a question does anybody know if it the law that you have to give a 30 day notice in the state of California because we were living at a home and our car was broken into twice in one week and there was a lot of out going activity going on after the first brake in , the people we think...

30 day notice - California [ 5 Answers ]

On Sept 20 I gave my written 30 day notice. I subsequently moved out around October 3. My lease had expired in July. My problem is that the rental co is charging me rent till the last day of the month instead of 30 days after I gave notice, which should have been Oct 20. My question is can they...

California Condo 30 Day Notice From Landlord [ 1 Answers ]

We are planning to sell our condo asap. We have given our month-to-month tenant of 2 years, her 30-day notice. She says that a new law passed stating that if the landlord is planning to sell and the tenant has been renting for over 2 years, then a 60-day notice is required. I can not find this...

When do I vacate a house in California after a foreclosure notice was given [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Please adv when should I vacate my house here in California after a foreclosure notice is given ? Tks/Dinah

California 30 day notice requirements [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved out of a home and had a disagreement with the landlord. I gave a 30 notice on the 17th or last month. Since the month had 31 days, I took that to mean that my tenancy was over on the 17th of the next month. When I moved in, I was required to pay first month (prorated since he wanted...

View more questions Search