Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Transcript from closed down school
    I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down. How would I do that?
    ms180sx Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Contact the state dept of schools in the state you attenede. Chances are the records are being held in a different school.
    gneusch Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alester
    I need to find my transcript from a business school that has closed down.
    How would I do that?
    I have tried the State Department of Schools with no luck. I have contacted just about every agency that would have this document, which I need ASAP.
    Where do I go from here?

We are in the state of Texas and the school United Electronics Institute in Dallas, which is now Everest Institute, I have tried Texas Workforce, Washington Document services, Everest Institute, National Education Corp, Texas Education agency and numerous other agencies. They all refer back to the Texas Workforce Commission, which has no transcript of my husbands.
    raceebee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:47 AM
    In what state was the institution located where you attended? Some states have several agencies with responsibilities for different types of institutions. The name of the institution would also be very helpful. There have been many mergers/acquisitions among proprietary institutions and the records of a school that closed may be maintained at another location within a larger corporate entity.

Jul 16, 2008, 07:03 AM
    We are in the state of Texas and the school United Electronics Institute in Dallas, which is now Everest Institute, I have tried Texas Workforce, Washington Document services, Everest Institute, National Education Corp, Texas Education agency and numerous other agencies. They all refer back to the Texas Workforce Commission, which has no transcript of my husbands.
    raceebee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Do the folks at Everest give any reason why they wouldn't have the records? Without knowing any details of the transfer in ownership, it is hard to believe someone in the corporate hierarchy for Everest wouldn't know the status of the records and be more helpful.

Jul 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Thanks I will try that, You have been a big help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

How to find lost transcript? [ 6 Answers ]

My wife wants to return to school, but the college she attended in the 1970's is now closed and she needs her transcript. Is there a clearinghouse that keeps transcripts from defunct institutions? How do we get a transcript from a closed school? Thanks!

How to find transcript from closed school [ 48 Answers ]

How do I find my transcript from a closed school?

Notice of Judgement/Transcript Civil Case [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a certified letter was delivered to my home to "Jack Smith, Jr.". Well, I am Jack Smith, III and my 18 year old son is Jack Smith (we changed his middle name). So when the mailman knocked on my door and asked for Jack Smith, Jr. my son figured it was for him and he signed for it and that...

View more questions Search