Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinanalynn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 03:13 AM
    Horrible Mess
    K I got a problem, my boyfriend says I can't talk to my ex who just my friend now and it was OK before because my boyfriend went to another school, but this year were all going to be in the same school, and I don't want either to fight and get hurt. My boyfriend thinks my ex is trying to win me back but were just friends, how do I get my boyfriend to relize that and not try and beat the crap out of my ex?? Please help this is really stressing me :' (
    Suelle383 Posts: 105, Reputation: 25

Aug 29, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Ouch, that's a really hard situation. On the one hand, who's your boyfriend to be telling you who you can and can't be friends with? On the other hand, if my boyfriend was still really good friends with his ex, I know it would probably drive me a little crazy. Did you breakup with your ex or did he breakup with you?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Your boyfriend should trust you. I can understand him being suspicious of the ex but he needs to have faith in you. You aren't going to be led astray if you don't want to be. Its almost insulting. Its as if he is saying you couldn't possibly defend yourself if he tried anything.. of course you'd give in!

I would tell him that he is your boyfriend not your father. He does not get to dictate who you are friends with. Ask him if he would like it if you began to pick his friends. I bet he would not like that one bit. People come with baggage and exes and a past. He needs to get that you guys broke up for a reason. If he is afraid you'll cheat, well heck you don't need an ex hanging around to cheat, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Eyelashes Are Horrible [ 22 Answers ]

I have naturally curly eyelashes that grow in all weird directions. They won't go straight at all and I comb them and everything. I try to use mascara to make them look longer, but it just clumps together and looks awful. How can I get them to be straight ?

Please help! My hair is horrible! [ 23 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair a "dark brown" but it came out to a goth looking black this evening and its horrible! I can't even look in the mirror without crying :( I took 2 showers since dyeing it and some of the color still comes out but when I come out of the shower I still look the same :( I have been...

Horrible husband [ 7 Answers ]

My friends husband has signed over their home to his father in an attempt to hide the equity they have in their home in the divorce settlement is this legal? He also was charged with assaulting her and is now under a two year restraining order which gave her the marital home to live in during that...

Horrible habit! [ 5 Answers ]

I am 34 years of age and would like to be in a loving and committed relationship. I have met approx 10 men in the past 18 months through websites and meeting in social settings, however none of them has worked out. Many of these have been first dates and chats which hasn't gone to a 2nd date. Two...

View more questions Search