Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Is The Holy Qur'an Words of God ?
    Some say The Holy Bible is not Words of God ? What about The Holy Qur'an ? Is It Words of God ?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 27, 2007, 09:18 PM
    If that's what you believe, then yes. Nobody can say for sure, but if you believe it is, neither I, nor anyone else, has the right to tell you differently.

I personally don't think it is, but again, you are entitled to believe what you want, as am I.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 27, 2007, 10:01 PM
    The bible is written by human authors, but I believe they were inspired etc by divine influence upon their lives
    The bible was written by 40 different human authors, over thousands of years, most didn't collaberate with each other, yet the writings are consitent.
    For info about the quran, I think firmbeliever is the lady to ask (I think the quran is the book that matches with her faith, not sure tho)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Thanks Cal,
    Yes Quran is the book Muslims follow...

pmh383388,

Please check this link for the compilation of the Quran.
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/compilationbrief.html

I personally believe that the Quran is the word of God and almost all muslims will agree with me.
    The Quran in its original form,i.e in Arabic has remained the same since it was revealed 1400 or so years ago.

The Quran is a set of guidelines as well as some historical accounts,
    Information regarding Heaven and Hell,information on the attributes of Allah,attributes of believers and non believers,how to govern the state,how to conduct our daily everyday affairs,divorce and marriage,birth and death,war and peace treaties,inheritance,way to dress,guidance for us to look and marvel at the signs of Allah in all the living things we see around us... etc.
    And we also refer to Hadith (way of conduct/sayings of Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the perfect example of following the Quran.

I also believe the original book(Injeel) revealed to Jesus (alaihi salaam) during his time was the word of God,but I believe the Bible we see today has some of the original teachings along with what people have added or deleted as time passed after Jesus (alaihi salaam)was taken up to God.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 28, 2007, 12:26 AM
    IMO, neither one is word of God. How can word of God so open to different interpretation and cause so much misery throughout the history of the world?
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rkim291968
    IMO, neither one is word of God. How can word of God so open to different interpretation and cause so much misery throughout the history of the world?
    There is only one ineterpretation for the Quran and that should be through the example of Muhammad (pbuh).
    And the Quran translations are normally called transliterations as there are some words in Arabic that cannot be directly translated into English.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 28, 2007, 05:29 AM
    The bible and quran do not cause any bad things
    It's the peole who wrongly twist the words around and out of context to justify your ways

You could read a verse saying something like "and the bad king said, go and kill all who are weak"
    And just quote "go and kill who are weak" and there is one way a bad person could justify there misactions.
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Aug 28, 2007, 09:45 AM
    The Holy Bible and The Holy Qur'an are the words of God from his prophets. (pbut)

The problem is when people take verses out of context or just ignore parts of either.

Most of the problems between the religions is when this happens and folks are not following the will of God but are following someone who says I will tell you what the words in the Bible or Qur'an mean.

Stay in peace
    boose60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
    I believe the holy bible that says in the beginning was the word,and the word was with god,and the word was god.all things was made by him and without him was not anything made that was made... peace
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
    If you believe and follow that specific religion you will believe it is,
    If you don't believe in that faith, you will believe it is not.

So those that follow Islam, will believe it is. Even from a Christian view point I find little wrong with the Quran except they don't accept Christ as the Savior, but still look for a messenger of light still to come.
    They actually show more and better respect to Jesus than many of today's Christians. And I believe the name of Jesus is mentioned more than any other name in the Quran ( not 100 percent sure, but I think that was true)

Their base teachings are not better or worst than that of the Old Testement teachings of Christianity. And there is a lot of the same base teachings in the Quran as there was in the bibical teachings of that part of the world during the time the Quran was written.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If you beleive and follwo that specific religion you will believe it is,
    If you don't beleive in that faith, you will believe it is not.

So those that follow Islam, will beleive it is. Even from a Christian view point I find little wrong with the Quran except they dont accept Christ as the Savior, but still look for a messenger of light still to come.
    They actually show more and better respect to Jesus than many of todays Christians. And I beleive the name of Jesus is mentioned more than any other name in the Quran ( not 100 percent sure, but I think that was true)

Thier base teachings are not better or worst than that of the Old Testement teachings of Christianity. And there is alot of the same base teachings in the Quran as there was in the bibical teachings of that part of the world during the time the Quran was written.
    Fr-Chuck,
    Here is some information you might like to read.:)

--------------------------------
    http://www.soundvision.com/Info/Jesus/inIslam.asp
    Jesus(alaihi salaam)in ISLAM

1. Do Muslims believe he was a Messenger of One God? YES

Belief in all of the Prophets and Messengers of God is a fundamental article of faith in Islam. Thus, believing in Prophets Adam, Jesus, Moses, and Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon them) is a requirement for anyone who calls him or herself a Muslim. A person claiming to be a Muslim who, for instance, denies the Messengership of Jesus, is not considered a Muslim.

The Quran says in reference to the status of Jesus as a Messenger:

"The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!" (Quran 5:75).

2. Do Muslims believe he was born of a Virgin Mother? YES

Like Christians, Muslims believe Mary, Maria in Spanish, or Maryam as she is called in Arabic, was a chaste, virgin woman, who miraculously gave birth to Jesus.

"Relate in the Book the story of Mary, when she withdrew from her family, to a place in the East. She screened herself from them; then We sent to her Our spirit (angel Gabriel) and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said: I seek refuge from you in God Most Gracious (come not near) if you do fear God. He said: Nay, I am only a Messenger from your Lord, to announce to you the gift of a pure son. She said: How shall I have a son, when no man has ever touched me, and I am not unchaste? He said: So it will be, your Lord says: 'That is easy for Me; and We wish to appoint him as a sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It was a matter so decreed" (Quran 19:16-21).

3. Do Muslims believe Jesus had a miraculous birth? YES

The Quran says:

"She (Mary) said: 'O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me.' He (God) said: 'So (it will be) for God creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: 'Be!'- and it is" (3:47).

It should also be noted about his birth that:

"Verily, the likeness of Jesus in God's Sight is the likeness of Adam. He (God) created him from dust, then (He) said to him: 'Be!'-and he was" (Quran 3:59).

4. Do Muslims believe Jesus spoke in the cradle? YES

"Then she (Mary) pointed to him. They said: 'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' He (Jesus) said: 'Verily! I am a slave of God, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet; " (19:29-30).

5. Do Muslims believe he performed miracles? YES

Muslims, like Christians believe Jesus performed miracles. But these were performed by the will and permission of God, Who has power and control over all things.

"Then will God say: 'O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favor to you and to your mother. Behold! I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit (the angel Gabriel) so that you did speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught you the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel. And behold: you make of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and you breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by My leave, and you heal those born blind, and the lepers by My leave. And behold! You bring forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the children of Israel from (violence to you) when you did show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic' (5:110).

6. Do Muslims believe in the Trinity? NO

Muslims believe in the Absolute Oneness of God, Who is a Supreme Being free of human limitations, needs and wants. He has no partners in His Divinity. He is the Creator of everything and is completely separate from His creation.

God says in the Quran regarding the Trinity:

"People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: 'God is a Trinity.' Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. God is indeed just One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. God is sufficient for a guardian" (Quran 4:171).

7. Do Muslims believe that Jesus was the son of God? NO

"Say: "God is Unique! God, the Source [of everything]. He has not fathered anyone nor was He fathered, and there is nothing comparable to Him!" (Quran 112:1-4).

The Quran also states:

"Such was Jesus, the son of Mary; it is a statement of truth, about which they vainly dispute. It is not befitting to the majesty of God, that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be' and it is" (Quran 19:34-35).

8. Do Muslims believe Jesus was killed on the cross then resurrected? NO

"“They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did.” (Quran 4:156) “God lifted him up to His presence. God is Almighty, All-Wise” (Quran 4:157)
    ----------------------------------------------
    -------------------
    http://islam.thetruecall.com/modules...rticle&sid=195
    Allah declares that Jesus (pbuh) is a sign of the Day of Judgement.
    He is a Sign of the Hour. Have no doubt about it. But follow me. This is a straight path. (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 43, Verse 61)

In Sahih Muslim, it is also stated that the hadiths in which it is said that the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will descend amongst people at the end of time have reached the degree of being mutawatir, i.e. narrated by so many people in each generation that it is not possible to have any doubt of their authenticity, and that it is counted as one of the major signs of the Day of Rising. (Sahih Muslim, 2/58)

--
    Other verses indicating the second coming of the Jesus (pbuh) are the following;

When the angels said, "Maryam, your Lord gives you good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, 'Isa, son of Maryam of high esteem in this world and the hereafter, and one of those brought near. He will speak to people in the cradle, and also when fully grown, and will be one of the righteous," she said, "My Lord! How can I have a son when no man has ever touched me?" He said, "It will be so. Allah creates whatever He wills. When He decides on something He just says to it, 'Be!' and it is. He will teach him the Book and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Injil…" (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 3, Verse 45-48)

In the verse, it is heralded that Allah would instruct Jesus (pbuh) about the Injil, the Torah and the "Book." No doubt, this book in question is very important. We come across the same expression in The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 5, Verse 110:

Remember when Allah said: "'Isa, son of Maryam, remember My blessing to you and to your mother when I reinforced you with the Purest Spirit so that you could speak to people in the cradle and when you were fully grown; and when I taught you the Book and Wisdom, and the Torah and the Injil; and when you created a bird-shape out of clay by My permission…"(The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 5, Verse 110)

When we analyse the "Book" in both of the verses, we see that it may indicate the Qur'an. In the verses, it is stated that the Qur'an is the last divine book sent apart from the Torah, the Zabur and the Injil. Besides, in another verse in the Qur'an, next to the Torah and the Injil, the word "Book" is used to indicate the Qur'an.

Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining. He has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what has there before it. And He sent down the Torah and the Injil, previously... (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 3, Verse 2-3) Other verses in which "book" refers to the Qur'an reads: When a Book does come to them from Allah, confirming what is with them – even though before that they were praying for victory over the unbelievers – yet when what they recognise does come to them, they reject it. Allah's curse is on the unbelievers. (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verse 89) For this We sent a Messenger to you from among you to recite Our Signs to you and purify you and teach you the Book and Wisdom and teach you things you did not know before. (The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verse 151)
    ------------------------------
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    If that's what you believe, then yes. Nobody can say for sure, but if you believe it is, neither I, nor anyone else, has the right to tell you differently.

I personally don't think it is, but again, you are entitled to believe what you want, as am I.

Pedant! Reference your demand for grammar check.

Tom
    superwario99 Posts: 8, Reputation: -2

Oct 18, 2007, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh383388
    Some say The Holy Bible is not Words of God ? What about The Holy Qur'an ? Is It Words of God ?
    Yess it is, read it yourself and you will find truth
    NICKNAME Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

May 19, 2008, 04:57 AM
    Qur`an is the last holy book god ( allah ) gived him to the prophet Mohammed (pbut).
    Qur`an has corrected all the wrong ideas about relegions..
    You can study more about islam to get more ideas about it.. you can feel something sweet in your heart when you even listen to someone read it laoudly..

--------------- ( find the truth ) ------------- ( before the Judge day )-------------- ( The end of the life is so clooser ) ----------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Holy Trinity- Islam [ 11 Answers ]

I heard muslims believe in god, but chirstians say to be saved everyone has to believe that jesus is the son of god. I think most chirstians are missing the point of the holy trinity. God, Jesus, holy spirit. The three are one. So I think heaven is open who worships god, and repenace of their sin....

Is The Holy Bible Words of God ? [ 7 Answers ]

Some say yes, some say no. What is your opinion ?

Holy Crap, I'm going to be a Dad. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a recently separated (a few months), newly (found out Monday) frightened dad to be. I've never been so scared in my life because the person carrying my child is not my soon to be ex-wife. It's not that the person who is carrying my child isn't the most amazing woman I've ever met... it's that...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

View more questions Search