Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sveltskye Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Aug 27, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Would like to be a wedding singer.
    Hi,
    Does anybody have any tips on how to get your foot in the door for wedding singing? I'm fully qualified and trained, I just don't know where to begin with promoting myself. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
    A good place to start would be at a friends wedding or a family members wedding. So you get use to the feeling and maybe people will like what they hear and if they know you are for hire, they will talk to you.

Aug 27, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I have done that before already. I'm looking more for how to advertise myself to strangers or get word of mouth going.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 27, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Why not try advertising in newspapers or on local websites
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
    I'd also get some business cards printed up. They're not all that expensive, and you could ask local businesses if you could pin one up, if they have a bulleting board (Burger places, grocery stores... some of these places just have a board dedicated to the local community for things like this)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Yes, get cards and "flyers" out in flower shops, tux rental places, give them to ministers, music ministers of churches, to rental places that do the detorations for ministers, Esp to wedding planners in the area,
    Look for engagement articles in the paper and mail them a flyer.

Aug 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Muchas gracias for the tips!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Name of singer [ 4 Answers ]

Who sings the new remake of the old Archies Sugar Sugar song? It's hip hop I guess

I want to become a singer [ 4 Answers ]

Haii:p ii liike want a career in singing. Its very hard at my age maybe you can help. I like really need help.so please answere my question.:confused: :confused:

Song In The Wedding Singer [ 5 Answers ]

Please help..... the song goes to the same tone as the one he angrily sings on stage to julie..... i think there is a similar song by the cure or smashing pumpkins.... please help

Name the Singer [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the only singer to introduce Oscar-nominated songs in four different decades?

View more questions Search