Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BSA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2005, 11:28 PM
    I want to find out what my dog is crossed with
    Hi, I'm new to this site... but I was hoping someone would be able to help me cause my best friend (my dog) passed away recently and we never got to find out exactly what breed he was. All we were ever told was that he was a Border Collie cross.
    Can anyone please help me, we think he may have been crossed with perhaps a Golden Retriever or Belgian Sheepdog but not sure?? We've attached a copy of a picture of him.

Please help, Cheers!
    Attached Images

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Identifying results of accidental breedings can be tough. The face could be a BC face, and it looks like his ears were trying to stand up. A Newfoundland or Flat Coated Retriever could have contributed the long curly coat and pendent Ears. Goldens often look like the other breed. I have 2 Golden/Lab crosses in my house this weekend out of different litters. Both look very Lab. I have Seen a Lab/BC cross, it had the short coat of a Lab, with BC markings.

One thing that complicates identifying mixed breeds is that the female known to be bred to one dog, may accidentally breed with more, producing pups in the same litter with different fathers. Even after breeding once, the females will happily breed with any other males that come along.
    becky92029 Posts: 104, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2005, 01:48 PM
    I don't have a clue as to what type dog he is but just wanted to add what an adorable animal he was and looks like he had a very sweet disposition, too! No wonder you loved him so much. My condolences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Civic Jumper Cables Crossed [ 6 Answers ]

We tried to Jump the car, but of course broke the golden rule, DON'T CROSS THE WIRES!! Now there is nothing happening after I have switched in a Brand New Battery. Are there some simple test I can do to check, or is it too late for anything?

Can someone tell me what some people who crossed over need to say [ 2 Answers ]

Some very close people have crossed over I was wondering if they wanted to say something why did I loose my house in a fire and why was I brought back here why did I have to misscarages and is there any more children in my future what is in the future for the children I have will my luck ever...

Fingers crossed! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok... I may be just getting excited too soon... which I often do but something new is going on... yesterday I noticed when I went to the bathroom that I had a light pink discharge... but it was only when I used the bathroom... then last night I had some very light spotting... I am an 8 day heavy...

How to find out ? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everybody, How to findout weather my computer is being observed by other people or not. I mean if my computer is hacked or not??

View more questions Search